Meeting the Challenges of Regulatory Mandates in Aerospace Electrical Design Webinar
On-demand Web Seminar
Join Mentor Graphics for this session to learn how leading companies are using Capital to automate their electrical design process using automated constraint-driven design tools.
Regulatory mandates such as FAR Part25 EWIS are a major challenge for electrical designers at aerospace companies. These directives add another level of complexity to the design process requiring companies to demonstrate conformance to a vast range of requirements. Companies can adopt a number of approaches to meeting these requirements - from manual checking and documentation thru automated processes that constrain the design details by direct application of the regulatory rules and constraints.
What You Will Learn
- How leading companies are utilizing a rules and constraints based environment to capture the EWIS mandates in a form that provides consistency and repeatability of results
- How EWIS separation requirements can be evaluated early in the design process utilizing a topology-based design approach
- How analysis capabilities provide a tool to address the safety concerns of EWIS
About the Presenter
John Low has been actively involved in the aerospace industry for 25 years. John started with design and manufacturing engineering responsibilities on rocket propulsion systems followed by work with The Boeing Company in a variety of design engineering roles on commercial, military and space applications. For the last 15 years John has been with the Integrated Electrical Systems Division of Mentor Graphics Corporation as an aerospace business development manager and is also actively engaged in defining the Capital aerospace product vision.
Who Should Attend
- Engineering, Program, and Project Management from OEMs and Systems Suppliers
- Electrical System, Component, and Manufacturing Engineers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.