Smart Documentation Cuts Service Time and Cost
On-demand Web Seminar
Aircraft-on-ground time is time wasted and money wasted. High quality documentation can help diagnose and fix problems, but with constant changes in electrical specification during both manufacturing and in-service, many companies struggle to provide good documentation. Instead the Service Technicians must struggle with generic documentation representing the configurations of many aircraft within a production sequence and identify the content applicable to the particular aircraft being serviced. Tracking through this type of documentation is both time-consuming and error-prone. Worse still the documentation may contain errors as a result of the original authoring process.
Join Mentor Graphics for this session to learn how a new approach to creating service documentation can cut the time to create documentation, deliver custom documentation for each aircraft and cut the time taken to diagnose and fix faults.
What You Will Learn
- How companies can create higher quality electrical service documentation, using smart documentation tools deeply integrated with their electrical wiring designs.
- How companies can distribute and maintain smart and intuitive tail specific electrical service documentation to the maintenance organization.
About the Presenter
John Low has been actively involved in the aerospace industry for 25 years. John started with design and manufacturing engineering responsibilities on rocket propulsion systems followed by work with The Boeing Company in a variety of design engineering roles on commercial, military and space applications. For the last 15 years John has been with the Integrated Electrical Systems Division of Mentor Graphics Corporation as an aerospace business development manager and is also actively engaged in defining the Capital aerospace product vision.
Who Should Attend
- Engineering, documentation and program management from OEMs, maintenance repair organizations and systems suppliers
- Electrical System, documentation, component, and manufacturing engineers
Electrical Design, Architecture and Documentation Web Seminar Series
Automate to cut time and cost of electrical design.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Automated Generation of VIN Specific Service Documentation
See how Mentor Graphics Service Documentation software suite is helping leading OEMs deliver VIN specific service documentation.
Electrical Wiring Interconnect Systems (EWIS) Requirements: The Business Challenge
A series of fatal aircraft accidents between 1996 and 1999 focused regulators on wiring-related failures, resulting in the creation of the Electrical Wiring Interconnect Systems (EWIS) requirements, FAR...
The Challenges of Designing Electrical Systems for Really Big Zero Emission Vehicles
Mr. Fowlkes will describe the challenges in designing an electric passenger bus capable of fully recharging in less than 10 minutes.