Automated Creation of Harness Formboard Designs
On-demand Web Seminar
This web seminar is part of a series addressing the Build part of the Define-Design-Build-Service flow supported by Mentor’s Capital tool suite. The web seminar focuses on the challenges of maintaining multiple harness diagram views for several different purposes (such as engineering, contractual documentation and manufacturing) and how modern software tools can achieve this through the separation of style from content.
Functionality available within Capital automates the production of alternate views of harness design content directly from the engineering data. The graphical style is configurable to match the required purpose and corporate standards. During this web seminar the power of style management will be illustrated via the preparation of formboard designs, including automatic insertion of detailed connector end views and placement of fixture points.
Join Mentor Graphics to understand how the cycle time from engineering freeze to manufacturing start can be reduced, and the quality and accuracy of the graphical documentation increased.
What You Will Learn
- How engineers can automate the creation of alternative harness diagram views
- How formboard designs and associated visual aids can be generated using this technology
About the Presenter
Elisa Pouyanne is Automotive Business Development Manager for Mentor Graphics IESD Division. Elisa has been with Mentor Graphics since 1999 and has held a number of customer facing roles, working with many of the world's major Automotive OEMs and wire harness manufacturers. These engagements have spanned process definition, methods development, deployment project management and projects to compress time to value for corporations adopting Capital tools.
Who Should Attend
- Managers of harness design or manufacturing operations who wish to reduce engineering costs and cycle time
- Harness manufacturing engineers in the automotive, offroad, aerospace and defense industries
Harness Design, Engineering & Manufacturing Web Seminar Series
Automate to cut time and cost in harness design and manufacturing.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.