Automated Generation of VIN Specific Service Documentation
On-demand Web Seminar
Join us in this web seminar to see how the Mentor Graphics’ Service Documentation software suite is helping leading OEMs deliver VIN specific Service Documentation. Send VIN specific Service Documentation directly from the designer to technician.
The Service experience has a key role in building the reputation for quality in a vehicle brand. With ever-increasing product complexity, many OEMs have struggled to provide adequately detailed documentation to their service organizations. Instead, automotive service technicians struggle with error-prone diagnostic procedures due to inaccurate, out-of-date, and hard to read schematic information costing valuable time, money, and customer loyalty.
Recent developments in electrical design documentation software have changed the game - allowing OEMs to provide VIN-specific wiring diagrams to the service technician, cutting the time taken to diagnose issues with benefits for the customer, service organization and OEM.
What You Will Learn
- How “as manufactured” wiring data and option specific information can be integrated to synthesize VIN specific diagrams
- How the VIN specific data is efficiently distributed to the service organization
- How the service technician can access VIN-specific data, narrow the scope to specific subsets of the design, and probe the wiring design to understand its correct behavior
About the Presenter
Sjon Moore is a technical marketing engineer in the Integrated Electrical Systems Division (IESD) at Mentor Graphics. He joined the company in 2009 following his work on Freescale's Virtual Garage team. Sjon continues to work on the technologies acquired during Virtual Garage acquisition, helping to integrate these technologies into the current IESD product line. Before that, Sjon worked for more than 11 years as an automotive electrical systems engineer for tier 1 wiring suppliers, supporting many global automotive manufacturers.
Who Should Attend
- OEM Technical Service Organizations (TSO)
- Management responsible for delivering Service Information for EE Schematics
Harness Design, Engineering & Manufacturing Web Seminar Series
Automate to cut time and cost in harness design and manufacturing.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
AOG: Reducing Aircraft-on-Ground Time via Smart Documentation
Create service documentation to cut the time, deliver custom documentation for each aircraft and assist to diagnose and fix faults.
Challenges of EE Design in the Chinese Automotive Industry
Dr. Wally Rhines, Mentor Graphics CEO and Dr. Nick Smith, Marketing Director for Mentor Graphics' Integrated Electrical Systems Division talk to EE Times at the recent IIC Automotive Conference...
Electrical Wiring Interconnect Systems (EWIS) Requirements: The Business Challenge
A series of fatal aircraft accidents between 1996 and 1999 focused regulators on wiring-related failures, resulting in the creation of the Electrical Wiring Interconnect Systems (EWIS) requirements, FAR...