Modeling Connectivity and Wiring in Automotive and Aerospace Electrical Design
On-demand Web Seminar
Make it easier to balance cost vs. complexity in automotive and aerospace electrical design. This web seminar will teach you how to model electrical connectivity and wiring as a composite superset.
Complex automotive and aerospace electrical designs require efficient creation and management of option tags, the foundation element of design for multiple configurations.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how Mentor Graphics datacentric design tools can simplify the management of multiple optioned configurations, allowing designers to build a superset “composite” design that correctly generates variant configurations. These data-centric designs also facilitate detailed “what-if” analysis for cost and weight optimization, reducing design costs.
What You Will Learn
- How leading companies automate the creation of electrical wiring using datacentric, rules- and constraints-based design
- How to automate generation of a composite superset electrical design from option-tagged designs , with full decomposition into buildable variants
- How to rapidly calculate detailed cost and weight estimates for automotive and aerospace electrical architectures
About the Presenter
Simon has more than 20 years experience in the EDA industry and has worked within the wire harness electrical distribution sector since 1998. He joined Mentor from Innoveda and previously Transcendent, where he worked on the development and deployment of a new generation of electrical design tools with a major automotive manufacturer. During this time, Simon has held primarily technical roles in development, marketing and consultancy and is currently a technical specialist focused on wire synthesis and automation. Simon started his career as an Electronics Engineer and has an MA in Engineering from Cambridge University.
Who Should Attend
- Engineering, program, and project managers from OEMs and systems suppliers
- Electrical system, component, and manufacturing engineers
- Design architects
Electrical Design, Architecture and Documentation Web Seminar Series
Automate to cut time and cost of electrical design.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.