EE Architectural Design Automation Optimizes Cost & Weight
On-demand Web Seminar
The design of the physical architecture of the electrical system has a big impact on vehicle cost and weight. But, for many companies, the tools used in the architectural design stage provide only limited information and are unable to identify the cost impact of small but important changes to either physical layout or electrical design configurations.
Join Mentor Graphics for this session to learn how companies are improving their architectural design process using automated architectural design tools that can rapidly model the cost impact of every element in the electrical design - from the re-positioning of a component through the effects of changing the circuit wiring.
What You Will Learn
- How the electrical design can be modeled simultaneously at the circuit diagram and physical layout levels and then automatically merged using a rule-based synthesis process
- How cost and weight reports can be rapidly generated detailing the cost of every wire and component in the vehicle
- How companies can rapidly identify the cost of multiple alternative design layouts
Who Should Attend
- Engineering management from OEMs and Systems Suppliers involved in electrical design
- Electrical System and Component Engineers involved in electrical design
Electrical Design, Architecture and Documentation Web Seminar Series
Automate to cut time and cost of electrical design.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Automating the Creation and Validation of Optimized Wire Harness Complexity
See how Capital is helping leading OEMs optimize the cost vs. complexity product-planning dilemma.
How Data-Centric Tools Reduce Electrical Design Time and Cost
Understand how “datacentric” design tools provide a higher level of data integration to reduce design cycle time and effort.
Automating Transitions From Logical Design to Physical Implementation
The move from one abstraction level to another transitions concept to implementation. Some of today’s transitions are essentially manual tasks but others can be automated. Examples include network...