Improved Electrical Design Tools & Processes for Military Ground Vehicles Webinar
On-demand Web Seminar
Join Mentor Graphics for this session to learn how leading companies are improving their electrical design process by integrating their design process data and automating key steps in the process.
Electrical system design is becoming a major challenge for many companies in the Military Ground Vehicle industry as the levels of system complexity increase. Companies must seek new ways to design their electrical systems faster and more efficiently and this is demanding the use of more automation in the process.
What You Will Learn
- How leading companies are implementing new electrical design processes that provide faster, better quality designs by integrating data in the multi-step, multi-partner design process
- How elements of the design definition can be automatically generated – speeding design and eliminating the need for manual checking
- How electrical designs can be validated for integrity and reliability
About the Presenter
John is a product marketing manager at Mentor Graphics’ Integrated Electrical Systems Division (IESD). He worked for 11 years as an R&D manager with a leading European truck manufacturer, then with a knowledge-based software company for nine years in a variety of technical, sales, and marketing roles. In 1997 John founded a software company that developed tools for electrical design in the automotive and aerospace sectors. Mentor Graphics acquired his company and hired John in 2003.
Who Should Attend
- Engineering, Program, and Project Management from OEMs and Systems Suppliers
- Electrical System, Component, Test and Manufacturing Engineers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Software Support for Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Design
Learn how companies are improving their electrical vehicle design process by optimization of physical layout, modeling of battery charge / discharge, identification of safety issues and reduction of electromagnetic...
Using Composite Supersets to Generate Multiple Harness Variants
Learn how Mentor Graphics harness design tools save money and design time, defining harnesses as composite supersets and automatically generating variant harnesses.
EWIS: Reducing the Cost of Compliance
Automate electrical design with rule-driven design tools to cut costs, time and effort of creating electrical wiring conforming to EWIS regulations.