Electrical System and Wire Harness Design Seminar and Workshop
Not just a drawing system CAD systems are a great way to design mechanical products. You can even use them for creating electrical drawings. But when you’re designing electrical systems you want more than a drawing tool, you want something that keeps track of electrical connections, stops you making mistakes, generates design reports and BOMs automatically, and much more besides. This is exactly what the VeSys and Capital products from Mentor Graphics provide.
Would your company benefit?
Mentor Graphics customers are leaders in a number of key industries: automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial and marine. Mentor provides Capital for larger companies and VeSys for smaller companies; both products are data compatible and both provide the ability to share data electronically with other companies or design sites elsewhere in the world. If your current electrical design tools are unable to support virtual prototyping, or if your designers spend time collating technical reports; BOMs, wire lists, from-to lists; then you should definitely attend this workshop.
Please note, the morning session is complimentary, however the afternoon session costs $100. Please indicate during registration if you are going to attend the afternoon session and we will contact you regarding payment options.
Who Should Attend
- Electrical engineers
- Cable Harness Manufactures
- Cable Harness designers
- Any one person or company involved in Cable Harness Manufacture and/or Design
About the Presenter
Glenn Reynholds joined Mentor Graphics in 2001 and is currently a Solutions Architect focusing on applying the tools and processes available in the Capital suite to customer deployments in order to maximize efficiency and quality. Glenn has more than twenty years of experience in the software industry developing solutions for both the MCAD and ECAD markets. He has held various positions in Mentor’s Integrated Electrical Systems Division (IESD) since the inception of the Capital product line, including software architect and engineering manager.
Complimentary Seminar - Morning session 11am to 1pm
Ketiv in conjunction with Mentor Graphics is hosting a complimentary Electrical System and Harness Design seminar. Glenn Reynholds, an international specialist on Cable Harness software, will discuss the new challenges faced by electrical designers that are making it harder to create high quality designs when using traditional electrical design tools. The problems of traditional tools will be examined in detail before introducing the state-of-art capabilities of the new generation electrical design tools from Mentor Graphics. Typical customer profiles will be described, together with the quantifiable benefits driving ROI; benefits enjoyed by hundreds of companies (large and small) worldwide. Key capabilities of the tools will be demonstrated and there will be ample time for interaction, questions, and one-on-one discussion and demonstration.
Hands-on Evaluation Workshop - Afternoon session 1pm to 5pm
The evaluation workshop sessions will take you through a detailed look at the VeSys Electrical Series Software from wiring schematic design and analysis, all the way through to the final harness representation ready for manufacturing. Delegates will have the opportunity to design a harness from start to finish using VeSys. The evaluation workshop comprises:
- Introduction: Describes how each of the other sessions fit together to create an electrical design from the wiring diagram through to the engineered harness and shows the key features of the user interface.
- Wiring Design and Analysis: Shows how to create wiring diagrams and validate them using the electrical simulation and analysis functions.
- Harness Engineering: Shows how to create a harness drawing and link it with the wiring data. This allows the user to synchronize between the wiring diagram and harness drawing to apply changes.
- Wiring Design Details: Shows how to restructure wiring diagrams into multiple page designs and generate design reports.
- Harness Detailing: Shows how to add additional detailing such as grommets and clips and generate a variety of manufacturing reports.
The evaluation workshop will cost $100. Each delegate will be provided with an evaluation laptop for the duration of the workshop.