Fixing the Change Management Nightmare
On-demand Web Seminar
Configuration and change management of design data is a big challenge in aerospace electrical design. Creating, tracking and checking the many variants of individual features is a challenge both from the standpoint of electrical integrity -“does this configuration operate correctly?”; and from the standpoint of data management – “how to manage multiple effectivities without massive data duplication?”
Join Mentor Graphics for this session to learn how leading companies are addressing the challenges of configuration and change management using the Capital electrical design system to design and manage their data and simplify the process of electrical configuration control and validation.
What You Will Learn
- How leading companies are using effectivity management at the design level to assist the engineer during the product design process
- How various revisions of designs can be quickly assembled into a new product configuration
- How design change is managed and the various ways to determine the “was/is” differences in the design data
About the Presenter
John Low has been actively involved in the aerospace industry for 25 years. John started with design and manufacturing engineering responsibilities on rocket propulsion systems followed by work with The Boeing Company in a variety of design engineering roles on commercial, military and space applications. For the last 15 years John has been with the Integrated Electrical Systems Division of Mentor Graphics Corporation as an aerospace business development manager and is also actively engaged in defining the Capital aerospace product vision.
Who Should Attend
- Engineering, program, and project management from OEMs and systems suppliers
- Electrical system, component, and manufacturing engineers
Electrical Design, Architecture and Documentation Web Seminar Series
Automate to cut time and cost of electrical design.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Software Support for Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Design
Learn how companies are improving their electrical vehicle design process by optimization of physical layout, modeling of battery charge / discharge, identification of safety issues and reduction of electromagnetic...
Using Composite Supersets to Generate Multiple Harness Variants
Learn how Mentor Graphics harness design tools save money and design time, defining harnesses as composite supersets and automatically generating variant harnesses.
EWIS: Reducing the Cost of Compliance
Automate electrical design with rule-driven design tools to cut costs, time and effort of creating electrical wiring conforming to EWIS regulations.