Automating the Creation and Validation of Optimized Wire Harness Complexity
On-demand Web Seminar
Create complex wire harnesses with optimized cost solutions. Mentor Graphics’ VG Complexity software will show you how.
Product planners and electrical systems architects must strike the correct balance between the conflicting objectives of providing ever-wider customer choice vs. the efficient definition and management of the electrical design and its manufacturing and service complexity. Get this balance wrong and the OEM is burning money – giving away dollars on some vehicles, suffering unnecessary design complexities, or worst of all: selling cars that cannot be built.
With increased electrical and customer-option complexity many OEMs are straining their current planning & design capabilities to the limit – with attendant risk of sub-optimal decision making and hitting the bottom line.
Developed over the past 5 years, and deployed in OEM use, Mentor Graphics’ VG Complexity software is a powerful tool enabling users to create and analyze wiring architectures, system designs and wire harness complexities based on full vehicle product plans to ensure optimal cost of the harnesses to support the vehicle configuration, as well as validate wiring manufacturing releases to prevent vehicle assembly miss-builds.
Join us in this web seminar to see how this software is helping leading OEMs optimize the cost vs. complexity product-planning dilemma.
What You Will Learn
- How customer options and electrical design configurations have created difficulties and inefficiencies in managing harness complexity and cost
- How the VG Complexity software provides structure to the information allowing detailed what-if analysis and optimization. Relieve the System wiring engineer of time consuming tasks and allow them to focus on optimizing the wiring for best profit based on either OEM or Supplier cost metrics
- How the structured configuration data can be used to rigorously validate Wiring supplier harness release data against the Marketing product plan to ensure all orderable vehicles have supporting harness part numbers preventing vehicle assembly miss-builds
- How the VG Complexity software supports both Full Service and Build to print business models
About the Presenter
Sjon Moore is a technical marketing engineer in the Integrated Electrical Systems Division (IESD) at Mentor Graphics. He joined the company in 2009 following his work on Freescale's Virtual Garage team. Sjon continues to work on the technologies acquired during Virtual Garage acquisition, helping to integrate these technologies into the current IESD product line. Before that, Sjon worked for more than 11 years as an automotive electrical systems engineer for tier 1 wiring suppliers, supporting many global automotive manufacturers.
Who Should Attend
- OEMs: Vice presidents, directors and managers involved in wiring engineering, product planning and finance
- Wiring suppliers: Vice presidents, directors and managers involved in wiring engineering and manufacturing
- Electrical systems and wiring engineers
Harness Design, Engineering & Manufacturing Web Seminar Series
Automate to cut time and cost in harness design and manufacturing.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.