Virtual Design, Testing, and Engineering speeds Electrical & Wire Harness Design
On-demand Web Seminar
An increasing number of companies are using a new generation of electrical design tools that can automate many of the steps involved in the creation of electrical schematics, harness drawings and manufacturing documentation.
Join us in this web seminar to learn how companies are using new generation design tools to speed design, improve quality and cut costs in their electrical design & harness design and build activities.
We will look at the benefits being achieved in a number of sectors, including automotive, aerospace, industrial machinery, military vehicles, and others.
What You Will Learn
- Virtual prototyping, using electrical validation of wiring voltages & currents, and checking for incorrect connections
- Automated harness part selection for terminals & seals
- Automated creation of design and manufacturing validation reports
- Automation of BOMs, cut lists, NC files, and other documents
About the Presenter
John is a product marketing manager at Mentor Graphics’ Integrated Electrical Systems Division (IESD). He worked for 11 years as an R&D manager with a leading European truck manufacturer, then with a knowledge-based software company for nine years in a variety of technical, sales, and marketing roles. In 1997 John founded a software company that developed tools for electrical design in the automotive and aerospace sectors. Mentor Graphics acquired his company and hired John in 2003.
Who Should Attend
- Engineering, Program, and Project Management from OEMs and Systems
- Suppliers Electrical System, Component, and Manufacturing Engineers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.