Balancing Cost and Complexity in Automotive & Aerospace Electrical Design
On-demand Web Seminar
Structuring configuration data and automating key parts of the electrical design process can help your company reduce costs and increase efficiencies. In this one-hour webinar, how you'll learn Mentor Graphics electrical design software can help you strike the correct balance between customer choice and efficient, cost-effective management of electrical design.
Get this balance wrong and your company is burning money: Expanding customer choices unnecessarily, adding unwanted complexities that increase cost or, worst of all, speccing a product that cannot be engineered or built. By restructuring design data, you can introduce new efficiencies throughout the product cycle, increasing profitability.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding the difficulties, costs and inefficiencies created as customer options and electrical design complexities increase
- How Mentor Graphics electrical design software provides structure to the information allowing detailed what-if analysis and optimization
- How to use structured configuration data rigorously validate harness supplier release data against the marketing product plan
- How to ensure that all orderable configurations have supporting harness part numbers, preventing assembly miss-builds
About the Presenter
John is a product marketing manager at Mentor Graphics’ Integrated Electrical Systems Division (IESD). He worked for 11 years as an R&D manager with a leading European truck manufacturer, then with a knowledge-based software company for nine years in a variety of technical, sales, and marketing roles. In 1997 John founded a software company that developed tools for electrical design in the automotive and aerospace sectors. Mentor Graphics acquired his company and hired John in 2003.
Who Should View
- Engineering, program, and project managers from OEMs and systems suppliers
- Electrical system, component, and manufacturing engineers
Learn how companies are improving their electrical vehicle design process by optimization of physical layout, modeling of battery charge / discharge, identification of safety issues and reduction of electromagnetic...…View On-demand Web Seminar
Learn how Mentor Graphics harness design tools save money and design time, defining harnesses as composite supersets and automatically generating variant harnesses.…View On-demand Web Seminar
Other Related Resources
White Paper: A series of fatal aircraft accidents between 1996 and 1999 focused regulators on wiring-related failures, resulting in the creation of the Electrical Wiring Interconnect Systems (EWIS) requirements, FAR...…View White Paper
White Paper: In this competitive and challenging environment, thought-leaders are recommending a shift to systems engineering. Using a systems engineering approach could help OEMs maintain product quality, reduce costs,...…View White Paper
White Paper: Electrical design is getting more complicated - the electrics on even the "simplest" machines are sometimes beyond what the big car makers were doing 25 years back with big engineering teams and...…View White Paper