Balancing Cost and Complexity in Automotive & Aerospace Electrical Design
On-demand Web Seminar
Structuring configuration data and automating key parts of the electrical design process can help your company reduce costs and increase efficiencies. In this one-hour webinar, how you'll learn Mentor Graphics electrical design software can help you strike the correct balance between customer choice and efficient, cost-effective management of electrical design.
Get this balance wrong and your company is burning money: Expanding customer choices unnecessarily, adding unwanted complexities that increase cost or, worst of all, speccing a product that cannot be engineered or built. By restructuring design data, you can introduce new efficiencies throughout the product cycle, increasing profitability.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding the difficulties, costs and inefficiencies created as customer options and electrical design complexities increase
- How Mentor Graphics electrical design software provides structure to the information allowing detailed what-if analysis and optimization
- How to use structured configuration data rigorously validate harness supplier release data against the marketing product plan
- How to ensure that all orderable configurations have supporting harness part numbers, preventing assembly miss-builds
About the Presenter
John is a product marketing manager at Mentor Graphics’ Integrated Electrical Systems Division (IESD). He worked for 11 years as an R&D manager with a leading European truck manufacturer, then with a knowledge-based software company for nine years in a variety of technical, sales, and marketing roles. In 1997 John founded a software company that developed tools for electrical design in the automotive and aerospace sectors. Mentor Graphics acquired his company and hired John in 2003.
Who Should View
- Engineering, program, and project managers from OEMs and systems suppliers
- Electrical system, component, and manufacturing engineers
Software Support for Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Design
Learn how companies are improving their electrical vehicle design process by optimization of physical layout, modeling of battery charge / discharge, identification of safety issues and reduction of electromagnetic...…
Using Composite Supersets to Generate Multiple Harness Variants
Learn how Mentor Graphics harness design tools save money and design time, defining harnesses as composite supersets and automatically generating variant harnesses.…
Other Related Resources
Ford Motor Company
Success Story: Ford Motor Company has standardized worldwide on Mentor Graphics Capital flow for the design of vehicle electrical systems. Ford Motor Company will deploy Capital's powerful electrical system design...…
Capital Harness TVM
Training Course: The Capital Harness TVM course was developed to equip the participant with the ability to create harness tasks, component costs, build times and other measurements that make up an assembly process. …