Use Composite Supersets to Generate Multiple Harness Variants
On-demand Web Seminar
Learn how Mentor Graphics harness design tools can save costly design time and optimize the cost vs. complexity trade-off in harness design in this one-hour seminar.
An individual harness for an instrument panel, for example, can potentially have thousands of possible variants to support a large number of customer options.
We'll demonstrate how to use our harness design tools to define a harness as a composite superset, automatically generating the required harness variants and supporting documentation, including detailed costing.
What You Will Learn
- How to quickly create fully validated, costed harness and formboard designs from KBL or CATIA 3D models and many other sources
- How to design harnesses as composite supersets that automatically decompose into the required variant derivative harnesses, automatically generating diagrams for each variant
- How automated engineering algorithms can correctly select and configure connectors, terminals, coverings and other parts to reduce engineering effort and eliminate design errors
About the Presenter
Elisa Pouyanne is Automotive Business Development Manager for Mentor Graphics IESD Division. Elisa has been with Mentor Graphics since 1999 and has held a number of customer facing roles, working with many of the world's major Automotive OEMs and wire harness manufacturers. These engagements have spanned process definition, methods development, deployment project management and projects to compress time to value for corporations adopting Capital tools.
Who Should View
Anyone involved in using or designing wiring/cabling harnesses, including:
- OEM engineers and managers
- Program, engineering and manufacturing managers
- Product engineers
Software Support for Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Design
Learn how companies are improving their electrical vehicle design process by optimization of physical layout, modeling of battery charge / discharge, identification of safety issues and reduction of electromagnetic...…
EWIS: Reducing the Cost of Compliance
Automate electrical design with rule-driven design tools to cut costs, time and effort of creating electrical wiring conforming to EWIS regulations.…
Other Related Resources
Training Course: This course focusses on several key features that are mandatory for you to be effective with when running analog or analog/mixed-signal simulations, during either a design phase or a verification process.…
Success Story: As one of China’s leading automotive OEMs, JAC uses the Mentor Capital suite for electrical system design and Volcano products for in-vehicle communications implementation.…