EE Architectural Design for the Automotive Industry
On-demand Web Seminar
During this webinar you will learn how companies are improving their architectural design process using automated architectural design tools that can rapidly model the cost impact of every element in the electrical design - from the re-positioning of a component through the effects of changing the circuit wiring.
The design of the physical architecture of the electrical system has a big impact on vehicle cost and weight. But, for many companies, the tools used in the architectural design stage provide only limited information and are unable to identify the cost impact of small but important changes to either physical layout or electrical design configurations.
What You Will Learn
- How the electrical design can be modeled simultaneously at the circuit diagram and physical layout levels and then automatically merged using a rule-based synthesis process
- How cost and weight reports can be rapidly generated detailing the cost of every wire and component in the vehicle
- How companies can rapidly identify the cost of multiple alternative design layouts
Who Should View
- Engineering management from OEMs and systems suppliers involved in electrical design
- Electrical System and Component engineers involved in electrical design
Automating the Creation and Validation of Optimized Wire Harness Complexity
See how Capital is helping leading OEMs optimize the cost vs. complexity product-planning dilemma.…
How Data-Centric Tools Reduce Electrical Design Time and Cost
Understand how “datacentric” design tools provide a higher level of data integration to reduce design cycle time and effort.…
Other Related Resources
What is Wiring Synthesis?
White Paper: Wiring synthesis is a transformative technology for vehicle wiring design. Using principles of Model Driven Systems Engineering (MDSE), wiring synthesis automatically generates detailed vehicle wiring design...…
Ford Motor Company
Success Story: Ford Motor Company has standardized worldwide on Mentor Graphics Capital flow for the design of vehicle electrical systems. Ford Motor Company will deploy Capital's powerful electrical system design...…