Improved Electrical Design Tools & Processes for Military Ground Vehicles
On-demand Web Seminar
Join Mentor Graphics for this session to learn how leading companies are improving their electrical design process by integrating their design process data and automating key steps in the process.
Electrical system design is becoming a major challenge for many companies in the Military Ground Vehicle industry as the levels of system complexity increase. Companies must seek new ways to design their electrical systems faster and more efficiently and this is demanding the use of more automation in the process.
What You Will Learn
- How leading companies are implementing new electrical design processes that provide faster, better quality designs by integrating data in the multi-step, multi-partner design process
- How elements of the design definition can be automatically generated – speeding design and eliminating the need for manual checking
- How electrical designs can be validated for integrity and reliability
About the Presenter
John is a product marketing manager at Mentor Graphics’ Integrated Electrical Systems Division (IESD). He worked for 11 years as an R&D manager with a leading European truck manufacturer, then with a knowledge-based software company for nine years in a variety of technical, sales, and marketing roles. In 1997 John founded a software company that developed tools for electrical design in the automotive and aerospace sectors. Mentor Graphics acquired his company and hired John in 2003.
Who Should View
- Engineering, Program, and Project Management from OEMs and Systems Suppliers
- Electrical System, Component, Test and Manufacturing Engineers
Learn how companies are improving their electrical vehicle design process by optimization of physical layout, modeling of battery charge / discharge, identification of safety issues and reduction of electromagnetic...…View On-demand Web Seminar
Learn how Mentor Graphics harness design tools save money and design time, defining harnesses as composite supersets and automatically generating variant harnesses.…View On-demand Web Seminar
Other Related Resources
White Paper: In this competitive and challenging environment, thought-leaders are recommending a shift to systems engineering. Using a systems engineering approach could help OEMs maintain product quality, reduce costs,...…View White Paper
White Paper: Electrical design is getting more complicated - the electrics on even the "simplest" machines are sometimes beyond what the big car makers were doing 25 years back with big engineering teams and...…View White Paper