Automate Functional Module Design for Modular/KSK Harnesses
On-demand Web Seminar
OEMs provide a wide range of customer options and this leads to an explosion in the number of wiring configurations. At the level of an individual harness, for an instrument panel (say), the requirement to support large numbers of customer options may demand thousands of possible variants. This is impractical - instead, companies define a number of harness “modules”, each supporting one, or several, customer options; theses modules are then combined at the vehicle assembly stage to provide the exact configuration requested by the customer – an approach often referred to as the KSK process.
Join us for this webinar to understand how Mentor Graphics’ modular harness design tools allow designers to define each harness as a Composite superset and automatically generate the functional harness modules, and supporting documentation, including detailed costing – saving design time and allowing designers to optimize the cost vs. complexity.
What You Will Learn
- How fully validated and costed harness and formboard designs can be rapidly created from a variety of sources, including KBL and CATIA 3D models
- How a harness can be designed as a Composite superset that can automatically decompose into the required variant derivative harnesses with automatically generated diagrams for each variant
- How automated engineering algorithms can correctly select and configure connectors, terminals, coverings and other parts to reduce engineering effort and eliminate design errors
About the Presenter
Elisa Pouyanne is Automotive Business Development Manager for Mentor Graphics IESD Division. Elisa has been with Mentor Graphics since 1999 and has held a number of customer facing roles, working with many of the world's major Automotive OEMs and wire harness manufacturers. These engagements have spanned process definition, methods development, deployment project management and projects to compress time to value for corporations adopting Capital tools.
Who Should View
- OEM program and engineering managers
- Program, engineering and manufacturing managers involved in harness manufacture
- Product engineers involved in harness design & engineering
Cut Costs with Harness Manufacturing Process Management Software
Challenges of wire harness manufacturing process management and how modern software helps drive substantial cost savings.…
Every Engineer is a Change Engineer: Managing Complex Design Changes Across the flow with Advanced Change Automation
Constant design change is a key factor in electrical systems & wire harness engineering: unless executed properly change can result in large engineering and manufacturing costs, and potentially serious...…
Other Related Resources
Accelerate Wire Harness Development for Off-Highway Vehicles
White Paper: Manufacturers of off-highway vehicles are faced with the same challenges as companies in other sectors — reducing design and manufacturing costs, reducing lead times, and improving product quality....…
Optimizing Automotive Wiring Designs Using Engineering Design Automation
White Paper: Currently, most methods for optimizing an Electrical Distribution System employ unsophisticated and manual spreadsheet tools. Any detailed feedback on critical metrics such as cost or weight typically relies...…