Rapid harness design completion
VeSys Harness enables rapid harness design completion (addition of clips, tubes, seals, etc) and creation of 2D harness drawings.
Features and Benefits
- Rapid graphical layout and engineering of harness and formboard designs
- Automatic part selection of terminals, seals and connectors parts etc.
- Automatic generation of harness manufacturing reports including BOMs and cutting lists
- Harnesses can be drawn non-scaled or full size using formboard layout capabilities
- Automated generation of connector, wire and splice tables
- Built-in intelligent libraries for components and symbols
- Wire lengths calculations include terminal and connector add-on/knock-off values
- Integrates with VeSys Design to import wires, connectors and splices and then back-annotate wire lengths
- Imports / Exports industry-standard harness exchange formats such as Capital 3D Harness (*.XML) and DSI
- Test Drive tutorial included
VeSys in Action
VeSys Harness provides a graphical environment for creating harness and formboard drawings. Harness design authoring is made easy via an intuitive user interface. Built-in harness-engineering intelligence automates many design tasks. For example, connector table are automatically populated as wires are added, terminals are automatically selected and wire tables generated automatically . Furthermore, all entities have context sensitive menus giving the user the modification options appropriate for each different type of component. These and many other facilities make harness design a simple and quick task.
VeSys Harness includes a powerful automated parts selector that automatically configures and selects terminals, seals, and wires for each connector, including allowances for add-ons and knock-offs, speeding design and eliminating a major source of problems found in the traditional design process.
- Details including wire lengths and manufacturing reports are available instantly for viewing. New harness design data is validated prior to automatically generating the manufacturing documentation. The result is unsurpassed accuracy and productivity in harness design.
- Diagram appearance–line weights, fonts, colors, symbols, borders, etc.–are fully customizable.
- Libraries are provided for components and symbols and these can be shared and exchanged with other companies
VeSys Harness designs can be linked with VeSys Design diagrams, enabling wires, connectors and splices from the circuit to automatically populate the harness layout. Harness information such as wire lengths can be back annotated to the circuit diagram, further refining the electrical simulation accuracy.
Once a harness is complete, the powerful VeSys Harness reporting capabilities can be used to generate the documentation required for manufacturing. Because the reports are automatically generated directly from the design drawing, fast and accurate information is assured, significantly reducing production lead times and preventing manufacturing errors.
VeSys interfaces with most major MCAD systems allowing accurate wire length information to be defined by the MCAD system.
VeSys is simple to use, ships with a detailed video tutorial and requires minimal training allowing companies to become productive quickly. Experienced support staff and an active user community forum provide immediate support and answers to new and experienced users alike.
VeSys is optimized for rapid deployment, with a small IT footprint, allowing companies to rapidly adopt an improved design process. VeSys is also designed to support companies as they grow their business – VeSys parts and symbols libraries are fully compatible with the powerful Capital electrical design system used by many large multi-site companies and VeSys harness designs can be used directly by customers and suppliers using Capital or tools supporting DSI. VeSys users can implement a mixed VeSys and Capital environment across multiple sites, all sharing the same library data, allowing companies to upgrade their VeSys installations to Capital as their business needs expand.
VeSys Design provides a rapid and intuitive wiring design tool for the creation of wiring diagrams and service documentation with integrated simulation facilities that can validate the design as it’s created, ensuring a high quality design with less risk of rework when the first prototypes are tested.