DO-254 Compliance and Solutions: Including Outsourcing and Offshoring Aspects Webinar
On-demand Web Seminar
RTCA/DO-254 is a recent design assurance standard for airborne electronic hardware. This is a challenging standard to comply with, and one that is affecting more and more companies across the globe, including India.
Compliance challenges can be compounded when working with customers across continents and without having a complete understanding of what compliance entails. The ability to establish compliant and highly productive design flows – whether it is an entire program, or simply the verification of a program-- can make the difference between companies that are successful in this market and those that fall by the wayside.
Attend this live, online event to learn about DO-254 principles and how to establish a requirements-based, high-quality design flow that supports the principles of DO-254 compliance. Attendees will also have a chance to ask questions in an open forum at the end of the session.
What You Will Learn
- History and Current State of DO-254
- DO-254 and Design Assurance Principles
- DO-254 Compliance Challenges (and specific challenges in the outsourcing model)
- Solutions to Aid DO-254 Compliance
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
About the Presenter
Michelle Lange, a 22 year veteran of the EDA industry, has spent her career working in numerous aspects of marketing and technical communications. Michelle is now the Marketing Manager for the System Modeling and Analysis (SMA) business unit in the System Level Engineering (SLE) division. In this role, Michelle is responsible for the market strategy and messaging for the SystemVision, SVX, and BridgePoint products. Prior to this, Michelle was the DO-254 and Design Assurance Program Manager at Mentor Graphics where she worked with customers striving to meet DO-254 (and similar regulatory compliance), the product teams within Mentor that developed the tools/features required for these flows, partners in the industry who offered complimentary services and tools, and industry organizations such as the DO-254 User’s Group (in both EU and the US) whose participants focused on DO-254 issues. She also continues to be a member of the SAE S-18 committee, the group responsible for developing the system level development and safety-standards for civil aviation. Previous to her DO-254 focused role, Michelle held a variety of technical and marketing positions in several product divisions at Mentor including Design-for-Test and Design Verification. She has a BSEE (Maxima Cum Laude) from the University of Portland and MBA (Summa Cum Laude) from University of Phoenix.
Who Should Attend
- Design and verification engineers
- Design and project managers
- Program managers
- Process assurance and/or certification specialists
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
This video provides an overview of Mentor Graphic's ModelSim software. You will learn the essential skills needed to create a simulation environment and what tools are available to quickly debug the...
When Spreadsheets Aren’t Enough
Engineers writing embedded software for 32-bit microcontrollers at the STMicroelectronics campus in Agrate Brianza, Italy used Mentor Graphics' requirements tracing tool, ReqTracer, on a recent project....