DO-254 Compliance: Pitfalls and Solutions
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event.
DO-254 is a recent standard that affects PLD, FPGA and ASIC designs for in-flight HW systems. While it began as a standard for the civilian aviation domain (and is now enforced by the FAA and other world wide aviation safety agencies), it's also moving into the military domain and influencing other standards and safety-critical markets. This seminar focuses on DO-254 compliance issues and solutions.
The agenda is as follows:
- 9:30am: Registration opens
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction (Michelle Lange, DO-254 Program Manager, Mentor Graphics)
- 10:15am-11:15am: DO-254 Overview and Issues (Tammy Reeve, FAA DER, Patmos Engineering Services)
- 11:15am-Noon: DO-254 Pitfalls and Solutions (Michelle Lange)
- Noon-1pm: Lunch, casual discussion
- 1-2pm: Requirements traceability (Pete Decher, Requirements Management Specialist, Mentor Graphics)
- 2-3pm: Verification for DO-254 projects (Dave Landoll, Verification Applications Architect, Mentor Graphics)
- 3-4pm: One-on-one discussion time (Afternoon refreshments)
What You Will Learn
Come to this seminar to hear first hand from a pre-eminent Designated Engineering Representative (DER) of the FAA what DO-254 is all about, and how to steer clear of the common compliance pitfalls that cause many companies to waste resources, time and money. Learn how Mentor Graphics got involved in this market, and how we've built up our offering to support the needs of DO-254 programs. See a demonstration of our new requirements tracing tool, and learn how you can leverage our verification expertise and industry-leading tools to improve your productivity and quality, as well as meet DO-254 compliance objectives. Mingle with others from the industry sharing the same concerns and pains as you, and take advantage of some one-on-one time to ask a DER your specific questions. Leave with a better sense of what DO-254 requires, what you should do to prepare, and how Mentor can help to streamline your processes in support of cost-effective compliance.
Who Should Attend
This session is pertinent to program or project managers, quality assurance managers, engineering managers, and key engineers who are or will soon be working on projects that require DO-254 compliance.