Automating Code Coverage Closure with Questa CoverCheck
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event. However a recording of a previous session is available as an on-demand web seminar.View This On-Demand Web Seminar Now
This webinar will introduce you to the Questa CoverCheck methodology that automates and accelerates the process of code coverage closure.
Code coverage is a metric used by the majority of today’s project teams with the goal of providing a quantitative measure for assessing their progress towards completeness. Typically, >90% of coverage items in a design are covered in a full regression, but it’s the process of analyzing that last ~10% which is problematic. Each uncovered point in the code must be reviewed to determine if it is safe to ignore or if the test environment must be enhanced to cover it, typically through writing directed tests. This is a manual process which typically takes multiple man-months of effort per design block. Questa CoverCheck automates this process by finding and reporting the unreachable goals that can be excluded and demonstrating how to hit the reachable ones, which guides the process of test creation.
What You Will Learn
- Schedule predictability – save project time that would have been spent manually reviewing the coverage holes
- Improved design quality – eliminate the danger of mistakenly ignored coverage holes
- Improved metrics – tune coverage measurement to the relevant modes of operation of the design
- Eliminate waiver maintenance – automatically update waivers to account for design changes
About the Presenter
Mr. Eslinger has over 20 years of experience in chip design & verification, pre/post sales support, and technical marketing. As a technical marketing specialist in the Design Verification Technology Division of Mentor Graphics Mr Eslinger has a special focus on assertion-based methods and formal verification. In this role he works with customers worldwide to help them adopting advanced methodologies. Prior to Mentor Mr. Eslinger has held positions in the engineering and technical marketing organizations in the semiconductor, systems and EDA industry, including Lockheed, Synopsys, Abstract, Sente/Sequence, Averant, and AccelChip. Mr Eslinger holds a MSEE from Santa Clara University.
Who Should Attend
- Verification Engineers and Managers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
- Advanced FPGA Verification Seminarhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/advanced-fpga-verification-seminar May 29, 2013 : Burnaby, BC
- CDC Verification Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/cdc-verification-hands-on-workshop May 29, 2013 : Fremont, CA
- Séminaire MODELSIMhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/s-minaire-modelsim May 30, 2013 : Paris, FR
- Séminaire MODELSIMhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/s-minaire-modelsim Jun 4, 2013 : Rennes, FR
- Séminaire MODELSIMhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/s-minaire-modelsim Jun 11, 2013 : Grenoble, FR
- Séminaire MODELSIMhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/s-minaire-modelsim Jun 25, 2013 : Toulouse, FR
- Advanced FPGA Verification with Questa Seminarhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/advanced-fpga-verification Jun 11, 2013 : Waterloo, Ontario
- Advanced FPGA Verification with Questa Seminarhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/advanced-fpga-verification Jun 13, 2013 : Ottawa, Ontario
- Automating Software-Driven Hardware Verification with Questa inFacthttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/automating-software-driven-hardware-verification-with-questa-infact Jun 19, 2013 : Online, 9:00 AM US/Pacific