FPGA Verification Automation with Mentor VIP
On-demand Web Seminar
Verification of IP blocks, subsystems and complete SOCs is a major challenge for the industry today. Verification teams are using multiple tools and methodologies to achieve design functionality. One very common and valuable tool is Verification IP. Mentor Graphics VIP provides comprehensive protocol test stimulus and coverage checking that allows you to easily deploy advanced verification methodologies. Verification planning, constrained random and functional coverage methodologies are all included for standard bus protocols, in this case PCIe.
This webinar will focus on PCIe which is one of the most commonly used protocols and also one of the most complicated.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how Mentor VIP is the best solution for difficult verification tasks
- Learn why Mentor VIP is the easiest solution for adopting verification automation for any FPGA team with standard protocols
About the Presenter
Joe Rodriguez is a FPGA Market Development for Design Verification Technology (DVT) division at Mentor Graphics. Prior to this role Joe spent 2 years as Technical Marketing Manager for the Emulation Division (MED) at Mentor Graphics. Joe was also the Technical Marketing Manager in DVT at Mentor Graphics for 12 years. A result of this Joe has been involved in the definition and creation of many aspects of the Mentor Graphics verification solutions. Solutions like power aware simulation, debug and performance flows, including US patents for simulation event reduction.
Prior to Mentor Graphics, Joe spent 5 years as a field application engineer for Quickturn Design Systems successfully deploying many large FGPA based emulation projects. Joe also spent 6 years at Logic Automation as a Modeling Engineer and Support Manager. Joe has 7 years experience as a diagnostic engineer at Floating Point System and holds a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering.
Who Should Attend
- Verification Engineers and Managers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Raising Productivity Using Abstract UVM Stimulus and Intelligent Automation
This webinar will introduce you to abstract stimulus specification to provide more effective UVM tests that can be reused throughout your SoC flow and show you how Questa employs intelligent automation...
Collaborative Verification of ARM IP in Early Adopter SoCs
IP Replay makes it more practical and profitable for IP vendors to engage with IP end users early on by delivering a support model and debugging mechanism for verifying third-party IP within SoCs or IP-subsystems....
Injecting Automation into Verification - Assertions
What we will show in this webinar is how we can leverage Assertions, including the pre-defined, pre-tested OVL libraries, to automate the verification process further. What we will also show is the way...