Injecting Automation into Verification - Assertions
On-demand Web Seminar
Assertions have proven value in identifying bugs where and when they occur. This is one dimension of improving debug throughput. This webinar will show how you can leverage Assertions, including the pre-defined, pre-tested OVL libraries. Automation is an essential component in adoption of technology; we will highlight our Assertion Manager. The Assertion Manager will help you identify and create pre-configured checkers so that you can improve your debug productivity associated with Assertions, as the monitoring of the Assertions is done fully automatically by the simulator. This further reduces the load of the engineer during verification and regression.
What You Will Learn
- How to leverage assertions (including the pre-defined, pre-tested OVL libraries)
- How to debug the results of an assertion failing
- How they can be implemented within your verification environment
About the Presenter
Joe Rodriguez is a FPGA Market Development for Design Verification Technology (DVT) division at Mentor Graphics. Prior to this role Joe spent 2 years as Technical Marketing Manager for the Emulation Division (MED) at Mentor Graphics. Joe was also the Technical Marketing Manager in DVT at Mentor Graphics for 12 years. A result of this Joe has been involved in the definition and creation of many aspects of the Mentor Graphics verification solutions. Solutions like power aware simulation, debug and performance flows, including US patents for simulation event reduction.
Prior to Mentor Graphics, Joe spent 5 years as a field application engineer for Quickturn Design Systems successfully deploying many large FGPA based emulation projects. Joe also spent 6 years at Logic Automation as a Modeling Engineer and Support Manager. Joe has 7 years experience as a diagnostic engineer at Floating Point System and holds a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering.
Who Should Attend
- Design Engineers
- Verification Engineers
- Quality Engineers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.