ModelSim GUI Essentials Webinar
On-demand Web Seminar
Please join us for a webinar on the essentials of ModelSim. ModelSim has many great debugging tools and useful GUI features. Many of these tools remain a mystery buried deep in the documentation. This webinar will show you how to get the most out of ModelSim’s debugging environment, providing you with a toolbox of techniques for common debugging and simulation tasks. It will cover topics such as organizing the GUI, the ModelSim Project flow, source code debug, maximizing use of the wave window and more.
What You Will Learn
- How to maximize Modelsim’s debugging environment
- Tools and techniques for common debugging and simulation tasks
- How to set up and organize the GUI
- What is the ModelSim Project Flow and how to use it
- Source Code Debugging
- Maximize use of the wave window
About the Presenter
Walter has over 25 years of experience in ASIC/FPGA design and holds a MS in Electrical Engineering from Washington University in St. Louis. He worked for 6 years doing ASIC design at Tellabs Operations. From there, he went to work for Mentor Consulting where he consulted on various ASIC projects including time spent in Munich Germany and Helsinki Finland. For the last decade, Walter has worked as an Application Engineer supporting Mentor's line of Functional Verification Projects.
Who Should Attend
- Design and Verification Engineers and Managers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.