Upgrading to Questa Core for ModelSim Users
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event. However a recording of a previous session is available as an on-demand web seminar.View This On-Demand Web Seminar Now
This webinar will review the features and thus benefits of Questa Core. We will review what it means to current ModelSim, PE, DE and SE users. To upgrade to Questa Core is the customer's choice and it is not mandatory.
As verification is getting more complex, we are introducing new features like Assertion based verification to ModelSim users in Questa Core at an affordable price point.
Questa Core has the same easy to use, interactive GUI that you are familiar with in ModelSim. Even if you are not a ModelSim user, please attend this informative webinar to learn about Questa Core.
What You Will Learn
- How Assertion Based Verification improve verification effectiveness
- How to use built-in verification library
- How to Manage windows to get the most out of debug
- How to compare simulation results to expose issues between revisions of a design
- How to trace design issues to their sources using Enhanced Debug features
- How to use advanced Code Coverage features including expression and conditional coverages
- How to manage simulation waveform files, optimize simulation times, and regression results
- Upgrade path for ModelSim PE, DE and SE users
About the Presenters
Cuong Nguyen has over 28 years of experience in Silicon Valley high tech companies including HP, Sun, LSI logic, and Cisco. He has many years of design experience in ASIC, FPGA, and board in various segments including computers, consumer, and networking. He is currently at EDADirect as a Field Application Engineer supporting Mentor Graphics customers in designing PCB, FPGA/ASIC, System Simulation/Verification, Signal Integrity Analysis, Reliability Analysis, and Thermal Analysis. Prior to joining EDA Direct he held Field Application Engineering positions at Altera Inc and at Avnet supporting customers in the Bay area designing with Altera and Xilinx FPGAs. He has also has been a design consultant at various ASIC and embedded system companies. Cuong has a BSEE from the University of Southern California and MSEE from Santa Clara University.
A background in Digital Signal Processing and more then 15 years of EDA experience. I entered the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) in 1990 as an application engineer and continued my career to consultancy. Working in international teams I have then become a leading member in EDA product development for European and American companies. As part of the InnoFour team I am dedicated to deliver productive engineering and electronic development solutions to our customers via the best in class software, support and consultancy for tomorrows complex designs.
Who Should Attend
- Design Engineers / Managers
- Verification Engineers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
- Injecting Automation into FPGA Verification Seminarhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/injecting-automation-into-fpga-verification-seminar May 21, 2013 : Burlington, MA
- Advanced FPGA Verification Seminarhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/advanced-fpga-verification-seminar May 29, 2013 : Burnaby, BC
- CDC Verification Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/cdc-verification-hands-on-workshop May 29, 2013 : Fremont, CA
- Séminaire MODELSIMhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/s-minaire-modelsim May 30, 2013 : Paris, FR
- Séminaire MODELSIMhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/s-minaire-modelsim Jun 4, 2013 : Rennes, FR
- Séminaire MODELSIMhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/s-minaire-modelsim Jun 11, 2013 : Grenoble, FR
- Séminaire MODELSIMhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/s-minaire-modelsim Jun 25, 2013 : Toulouse, FR
- Advanced FPGA Verification Lunch & Learn Seminarhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/advanced-fpga-verification Jun 11, 2013 : Waterloo, Ontario
- Advanced FPGA Verification Lunch & Learn Seminarhttp://www.mentor.com/products/fv/events/advanced-fpga-verification Jun 13, 2013 : Ottawa, Ontario