Every designer dreads the last-minute engineering change order, or ECO. Just when you think you’re done…you’re not. At 45nm and below, ECOs get even more difficult to implement, because fill now has a direct impact on design performance. A small re-routing can get complicated very quickly with the complex fill requirements of advanced nodes. Fortunately, help is available! On Semiconductor Manufacturing & Design, Jeff Wilson explains how an effective ECO fill strategy can help reduce runtime, manage file size, and minimize timing impacts.
Are You ECO-Friendly?
More Blog Posts
- Manage Your Stress...Advice from the Experts
- Testing the Boundaries of Good Design
- Making the Impossible -- Dealing with Patterns Throughout the Design and Manufacturing Flow
- Failing to Succeed
- Global Warming
- Won't You Please, Please Help Me?
- I See the Light!
- Are You ECO-Friendly?
- EUV...Ready or Not?
- Lights! Camera! Multi-Patterning!
- August, 2014
- July, 2014
- March, 2014
- February, 2014
- January, 2014