ESD Design Rule Checking
ESD Design Rule Checking
Verification of ESD structures and other protection circuits is often a time consuming and tedious task. How do you do it? Complex DRC rules? An assortment of specialized rule decks? Home-brew tools?
Recently a colleague and I published a paper which used one of the Mentor tools (Calibre® PERC) to help with this ESD checking.
If you’re interested, the paper is available on-line here:
New Flow for Automating Verification of ESD Design Rules
Also of interest is the ESDA Symposium in the Los Angeles area (Anaheim to be precise) over the coming week. I’d encourage you to pop in if you can. Last year’s event was our first at the ESDA Symposium, and it was very good. Lots of great papers, interesting views and opinions on ESD, as well as a healthy turnout, all of which led to a successful event. We’re hoping this year will be just as good, if not better. If you do happen to attend, pop in to our booth and say “Hi”. You can also let us know how you liked the Symposium and your thoughts.
Come see us at:
Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, CA
We are in Booth #: 503
Mon, August 31 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Tues, September 1 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wed, September 2 9:00am - 12:00pm
If you don’t get to make it ot this event in person to chat about all things ESD, let us know here. What are your concerns? What causes you the most grief? What keeps you up at night?
Until next time,
More Blog Posts
- Battle of Fins and BOXes
- TSMC 28nm yield (SemiWiki)
- DAC 2011 is upon us!
- Mentor Graphics User to User (U2U)
- Gate Oxide Breakdown Failures Highlight Industry Need for New Electrical Rule Checking Tools
- Dawn at the OASIS
- Layout Density and the Analog Cell
- Effects of Inception
- On-line session covering the DAC presentation for Calibre xACT 3D
- You can't give stuff away fast enough
- December, 2012
- March, 2012
- May, 2011
- April, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- November, 2010
- August, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010
- April, 2010
- March, 2010
- February, 2010
- January, 2010
- December, 2009
- November, 2009
- October, 2009
- September, 2009
- August, 2009
- July, 2009
- June, 2009
- "Waive" of the Future?
- How do you debug LVS?
- DFM for Non-PhD's: Part 2 - Reliability
- Mixed-Signal SoC Verification
- Process Variation: The Use of In-Die Variation
- DFM for Non-PhDs
- Calibre Everywhere -- the customer value of universal integration
- So, why not just write better rules?
- To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!
- Power in need, Power indeed
- May, 2009