TSMC and Mentor Graphics recently held a joint Marketing seminar (06/25/09) for mutual customers to go over the new DFM requirements at 45/40 nm. (In my first post, I mused about the implications of making some DFM analysis steps mandatory.) When the presentations at the seminar ended, and the Q&A began, two customers basically asked the same question, “What do you mean by mandatory?” Of course, TSMC … Read More
IC Design Blog
Posts tagged with '45nm'
In my previous post about TSMC making some DFM analysis steps mandatory at 45nm, I ended with a question about why the foundries can't just write better design rules (and rule decks) to make sure all designs yield well. This is a topic that has been discussed elsewhere, but here's my take on it. If we take a step back for a moment, there is something generic about DFM analysis that needs to be considered. … Read More
If you are a TSMC customer, no doubt you have heard that TSMC has announced that for 45nm (and presumably beyond), LPC and VCMP are mandatory for block/chip. What does this mean? It means that TSMC is requiring lithography and planarity analysis for all 45nm designs. Their website says customers can either run it themselves, or contract TSMC services to do it. The most cost-effective way would be for … Read More
- Lights! Camera! Multi-Patterning!
- Vector? Vectorless? What’s a power grid to do?
- Mentor's TSMC OIP Presentations Now Available!
- Variability is EVERYWHERE!
- UPDATE: Multi-Patterning Unmasked!!
- The Trouble with Triples—Part 2
- TSMC OIP presentations now available!
- FinFET Fever...or FinFET Fear?
- 2014 is Underway! What's on Your Calendar?
- Routing Closure Challenges at 28nm and Below
- March, 2014
- February, 2014
- January, 2014
- December, 2013
- Qualification Is Just the Beginning
- Pattern Matching: Blueprints for Further Success
- Mastering the Magic of Multi-Patterning
- The Trouble With Triples—Part 1
- Reducing the Tapeout Crunch with Signoff Confidence
- Foundry Solutions Video Blog: Calibre PERC
- Customizing Calibre Jobs without Editing Rule Decks
- Model-Based Hints: GPS for LFD Success
- October, 2013
- September, 2013
- July, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- December, 2012
- March, 2012
- May, 2011
- April, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- November, 2010
- August, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010
- April, 2010
- March, 2010
- February, 2010
- January, 2010
- December, 2009
- November, 2009
- October, 2009
- September, 2009
- August, 2009
- July, 2009
- June, 2009
- "Waive" of the Future?
- How do you debug LVS?
- DFM for Non-PhD's: Part 2 - Reliability
- Mixed-Signal SoC Verification
- Process Variation: The Use of In-Die Variation
- DFM for Non-PhDs
- Calibre Everywhere -- the customer value of universal integration
- So, why not just write better rules?
- To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!
- Power in need, Power indeed
- May, 2009