Download the latest version of our guide to multi-patterning design and debugging, containing links to all of David Abercrombie’s detailed educational articles on SemiEngineering.com, along with links for complementary reference and learning options. Whether you are already working on designs with multi-patterning requirements, or just beginning multi-patterning work, you will benefit from David’s … Read More
IC Design Blog
Posts tagged with 'Debugging'
It happens all the time, to all of us. You need a quick answer for a very specific question about using your EDA tools. You don’t want to wade through technical documentation, you don’t have time for an email response, and you really don’t want to try searching EDA forums for an answer. We feel your pain, and we decided to do something about it. Need to know how to extract a net from … Read More
Jean-Marie Brunet examines the reasons why the “tapeout crunch” is getting worse and worse at advanced nodes, and suggests some possible solutions, in this forward-looking article written for SemiconductorEngineering.com. … Read More
There are many way to skin a cat, so the saying goes… (well, at least in English… I’m sure each nationality / language has something similar). So when your debugging and verifying your IC design with LVS, what information do you use? Are you a text report kind of engineer, pouring over the text files that Calibre LVS generates? Are you an RVE wiz, preferring to do things in a GUI? Or do you use a bit … Read More
- Lights! Camera! Multi-Patterning!
- Vector? Vectorless? What’s a power grid to do?
- Mentor's TSMC OIP Presentations Now Available!
- Variability is EVERYWHERE!
- UPDATE: Multi-Patterning Unmasked!!
- The Trouble with Triples—Part 2
- TSMC OIP presentations now available!
- FinFET Fever...or FinFET Fear?
- 2014 is Underway! What's on Your Calendar?
- Routing Closure Challenges at 28nm and Below
- March, 2014
- February, 2014
- January, 2014
- December, 2013
- Qualification Is Just the Beginning
- Pattern Matching: Blueprints for Further Success
- Mastering the Magic of Multi-Patterning
- The Trouble With Triples—Part 1
- Reducing the Tapeout Crunch with Signoff Confidence
- Foundry Solutions Video Blog: Calibre PERC
- Customizing Calibre Jobs without Editing Rule Decks
- Model-Based Hints: GPS for LFD Success
- October, 2013
- September, 2013
- July, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- December, 2012
- March, 2012
- May, 2011
- April, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- November, 2010
- August, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010
- April, 2010
- March, 2010
- February, 2010
- January, 2010
- December, 2009
- November, 2009
- October, 2009
- September, 2009
- August, 2009
- July, 2009
- June, 2009
- "Waive" of the Future?
- How do you debug LVS?
- DFM for Non-PhD's: Part 2 - Reliability
- Mixed-Signal SoC Verification
- Process Variation: The Use of In-Die Variation
- DFM for Non-PhDs
- Calibre Everywhere -- the customer value of universal integration
- So, why not just write better rules?
- To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!
- Power in need, Power indeed
- May, 2009