All the major foundries have announced FinFET technologies. FinFETs hold the promise of lower power usage and better area utilization, as well as traditional scaling improvements. Aaaaand…the thought of implementing them may be scaring the willies out of a lot of designers. How do I design these things? How do I know what the design needs? How do I verify them? Well, first, take a deep breath. … Read More
IC Design Blog
Posts tagged with 'FinFET'
What’s coming in 2014? What new challenges await? Are you ready? Get a heads-up on some of the trends and events of the next 12 months with two articles. First, if you’re contemplating, or already working on, 2.5D and 3D ICs, you should take a look at 3D IC Design: Outlook for 2014 on 3D InCites. Written by Joseph Sawicki, this article can help you prepare for your 3D IC implementations. … Read More
While processes like double and triple patterning may sometimes seem like magic, successfully implementing multi-patterning compliance in the IC design and verification flow requires a thorough understanding of multi-patterning techniques and their impact on your design. In this white paper from David Abercrombie, learn what multi-patterning is, why you need it, and how Calibre Multi-Patterning software … Read More
odd cycle, multipatterning, 16nm, Lithography, 20nm, mandrel, Mentor Graphics, Multi-Patterning, 14nm, colorless design, layout decomposition, D2S, LELE, anchor path, litho, Calibre Multi-Patterning, litho-etch-litho-etch, FinFET, double patterning, Foundry, warning rings, Parasitic Extraction, spacer-assisted, triple patterning, spacer is dielectric, spacer is mask, SID SADP, SIM SADP, pin coloring, pitch-split
Do FDSOI and FinFET provide better performance and better power than bulk? Will FDSOI at 20nm bridge the 16nm finFET gap? Does finFET offer better cost benefits than FDSOI? Does shamwow actually hold 20 times its weight in liquid? While the last claim is questionable, the jury is not out yet on the FDSOI vs. FinFET war. Proponents of both these technologies claim significant power and performance benefits … Read More
- Lights! Camera! Multi-Patterning!
- Vector? Vectorless? What’s a power grid to do?
- Mentor's TSMC OIP Presentations Now Available!
- Variability is EVERYWHERE!
- UPDATE: Multi-Patterning Unmasked!!
- The Trouble with Triples—Part 2
- TSMC OIP presentations now available!
- FinFET Fever...or FinFET Fear?
- 2014 is Underway! What's on Your Calendar?
- Routing Closure Challenges at 28nm and Below
- March, 2014
- February, 2014
- January, 2014
- December, 2013
- Qualification Is Just the Beginning
- Pattern Matching: Blueprints for Further Success
- Mastering the Magic of Multi-Patterning
- The Trouble With Triples—Part 1
- Reducing the Tapeout Crunch with Signoff Confidence
- Foundry Solutions Video Blog: Calibre PERC
- Customizing Calibre Jobs without Editing Rule Decks
- Model-Based Hints: GPS for LFD Success
- October, 2013
- September, 2013
- July, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- December, 2012
- March, 2012
- May, 2011
- April, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- November, 2010
- August, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010
- April, 2010
- March, 2010
- February, 2010
- January, 2010
- December, 2009
- November, 2009
- October, 2009
- September, 2009
- August, 2009
- July, 2009
- June, 2009
- "Waive" of the Future?
- How do you debug LVS?
- DFM for Non-PhD's: Part 2 - Reliability
- Mixed-Signal SoC Verification
- Process Variation: The Use of In-Die Variation
- DFM for Non-PhDs
- Calibre Everywhere -- the customer value of universal integration
- So, why not just write better rules?
- To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!
- Power in need, Power indeed
- May, 2009