Press releases can make it seem like EDA tool qualification for a particular IC process node is the “end game.” But in truth, qualification is just the first publicly visible step of ongoing collaborations between an EDA vendor and the foundry. Michael White takes you behind the curtain for a peek at what goes on during qualification from start to finish, as part of his ongoing Silicon Edge series … Read More
IC Design Blog
Posts tagged with 'IC'
Clock designers are an enigma. Clock designers in general are die hard star wars fans, own vintage Porsches that leak oil by the gallon, usually have lava lamps in their offices/cubicles, wear fancy leather jackets in peak summer and have likeminded clock designers as best lunch buddies. Clock designers are notorious for making other lesser designers cry with their fancy PLL spice runs, non-negotiable … Read More
DAC is less than two months away… and the phone is starting to ring again…saying “We are doing demos and realize that we are showing Calibre everywhere. Do you want to participate in our demos?” Of course we do Our approach has always been to make Calibre available in every design tool and on every database. This approach is good for everyone. Designs have to be certified “clean” (more on that in … Read More
After some cautious and tentative moments, I finally managed to get my first post out. In this debut blog post, I’d like to introduce myself, present my bona fides and give you some idea about the likely content you’ll see here on a regular basis. I’m Arvind Narayanan, Product Marketing Manager in the Place and Route Division at Mentor. I started my career as a Microprocessor design engineer for … Read More
- Lights! Camera! Multi-Patterning!
- Vector? Vectorless? What’s a power grid to do?
- Mentor's TSMC OIP Presentations Now Available!
- Variability is EVERYWHERE!
- UPDATE: Multi-Patterning Unmasked!!
- The Trouble with Triples—Part 2
- TSMC OIP presentations now available!
- FinFET Fever...or FinFET Fear?
- 2014 is Underway! What's on Your Calendar?
- Routing Closure Challenges at 28nm and Below
- March, 2014
- February, 2014
- January, 2014
- December, 2013
- Qualification Is Just the Beginning
- Pattern Matching: Blueprints for Further Success
- Mastering the Magic of Multi-Patterning
- The Trouble With Triples—Part 1
- Reducing the Tapeout Crunch with Signoff Confidence
- Foundry Solutions Video Blog: Calibre PERC
- Customizing Calibre Jobs without Editing Rule Decks
- Model-Based Hints: GPS for LFD Success
- October, 2013
- September, 2013
- July, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- December, 2012
- March, 2012
- May, 2011
- April, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- November, 2010
- August, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010
- April, 2010
- March, 2010
- February, 2010
- January, 2010
- December, 2009
- November, 2009
- October, 2009
- September, 2009
- August, 2009
- July, 2009
- June, 2009
- "Waive" of the Future?
- How do you debug LVS?
- DFM for Non-PhD's: Part 2 - Reliability
- Mixed-Signal SoC Verification
- Process Variation: The Use of In-Die Variation
- DFM for Non-PhDs
- Calibre Everywhere -- the customer value of universal integration
- So, why not just write better rules?
- To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!
- Power in need, Power indeed
- May, 2009