At advanced nodes, variability issues lurk behind every design mode, power state, process condition, and manufacturing step. Yet designers must find a way to balance the optimization of multiple operational modes and design corners against the aggressive performance and power targets demanded by today’s fast-moving markets. Concurrent analysis and optimization during place and route operations can provide … Read More
IC Design Blog
Posts tagged with 'P&R'
DRC- and DFM-clean designs can still have hundreds to thousands of violations that must be debugged and corrected. How? Why? Mismatches between a router’s simplified tech file and the complete (and complex) signoff design rule decks at advanced nodes are generating significant numbers of DRC/DFM errors that can wreak havoc on your tapeout schedules. In particular, we’re seeing greater visibility … Read More
Jean-Marie Brunet examines the reasons why the “tapeout crunch” is getting worse and worse at advanced nodes, and suggests some possible solutions, in this forward-looking article written for SemiconductorEngineering.com. … Read More
- Lights! Camera! Multi-Patterning!
- Vector? Vectorless? What’s a power grid to do?
- Mentor's TSMC OIP Presentations Now Available!
- Variability is EVERYWHERE!
- UPDATE: Multi-Patterning Unmasked!!
- The Trouble with Triples—Part 2
- TSMC OIP presentations now available!
- FinFET Fever...or FinFET Fear?
- 2014 is Underway! What's on Your Calendar?
- Routing Closure Challenges at 28nm and Below
- March, 2014
- February, 2014
- January, 2014
- December, 2013
- Qualification Is Just the Beginning
- Pattern Matching: Blueprints for Further Success
- Mastering the Magic of Multi-Patterning
- The Trouble With Triples—Part 1
- Reducing the Tapeout Crunch with Signoff Confidence
- Foundry Solutions Video Blog: Calibre PERC
- Customizing Calibre Jobs without Editing Rule Decks
- Model-Based Hints: GPS for LFD Success
- October, 2013
- September, 2013
- July, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- December, 2012
- March, 2012
- May, 2011
- April, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- November, 2010
- August, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010
- April, 2010
- March, 2010
- February, 2010
- January, 2010
- December, 2009
- November, 2009
- October, 2009
- September, 2009
- August, 2009
- July, 2009
- June, 2009
- "Waive" of the Future?
- How do you debug LVS?
- DFM for Non-PhD's: Part 2 - Reliability
- Mixed-Signal SoC Verification
- Process Variation: The Use of In-Die Variation
- DFM for Non-PhDs
- Calibre Everywhere -- the customer value of universal integration
- So, why not just write better rules?
- To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!
- Power in need, Power indeed
- May, 2009