It happens all the time, to all of us. You need a quick answer for a very specific question about using your EDA tools. You don’t want to wade through technical documentation, you don’t have time for an email response, and you really don’t want to try searching EDA forums for an answer. We feel your pain, and we decided to do something about it. Need to know how to extract a net from … Read More
IC Design Blog
Posts tagged with 'Productivity'
Design rule checking (DRC) or physical verification used to be easy. For example, run some 1-D width and spacing checks to ensure things will resolve and won’t short and you are good to go. These checks were simple to write, fast to run and understandable, and quick to debug. Today is a new world order, where none of these attributes are true anymore. An increasing number of checks are 2-D, very … Read More
Historically, design rule checking (DRC) was a black or white proposition—either you passed all your DRC’s or you fixed the errors until you did pass. Fast forward to today where much/most of the IP you use is from 3rd parties and/or your product has an increasing percentage of memory content and your design is never DRC clean at tape out. Your design team is now constantly waiving over and over and … Read More
- Lights! Camera! Multi-Patterning!
- Vector? Vectorless? What’s a power grid to do?
- Mentor's TSMC OIP Presentations Now Available!
- Variability is EVERYWHERE!
- UPDATE: Multi-Patterning Unmasked!!
- The Trouble with Triples—Part 2
- TSMC OIP presentations now available!
- FinFET Fever...or FinFET Fear?
- 2014 is Underway! What's on Your Calendar?
- Routing Closure Challenges at 28nm and Below
- March, 2014
- February, 2014
- January, 2014
- December, 2013
- Qualification Is Just the Beginning
- Pattern Matching: Blueprints for Further Success
- Mastering the Magic of Multi-Patterning
- The Trouble With Triples—Part 1
- Reducing the Tapeout Crunch with Signoff Confidence
- Foundry Solutions Video Blog: Calibre PERC
- Customizing Calibre Jobs without Editing Rule Decks
- Model-Based Hints: GPS for LFD Success
- October, 2013
- September, 2013
- July, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- December, 2012
- March, 2012
- May, 2011
- April, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- November, 2010
- August, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010
- April, 2010
- March, 2010
- February, 2010
- January, 2010
- December, 2009
- November, 2009
- October, 2009
- September, 2009
- August, 2009
- July, 2009
- June, 2009
- "Waive" of the Future?
- How do you debug LVS?
- DFM for Non-PhD's: Part 2 - Reliability
- Mixed-Signal SoC Verification
- Process Variation: The Use of In-Die Variation
- DFM for Non-PhDs
- Calibre Everywhere -- the customer value of universal integration
- So, why not just write better rules?
- To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!
- Power in need, Power indeed
- May, 2009