Explore the Possibilities
Pyxis Implement, part of Mentor's new Pyxis Custom IC Design Platform, provides a highly productive environment for correct by construction layout entry and editing.
Pyxis Implement combines all of the functionality of Pyxis Layout with a hierarchical SDL (Schematic-driven layout) environment, enabling design engineers to quickly create complex designs without sacrificing layout quality. Schematic-driven layout (SDL) is a design methodology that enables design engineers to create "correct by construction" layouts.
By using the design's connectivity, Pyxis Implement enables automated creation of layout data, while maintaining the relationship between layout and schematic, reducing design cycle time, and assuring layout is free of LVS violations. Any mix of polygons, device generators (either custom, built-in or from a foundry supplied Process Design Kit), and cell data are supported in the layout environment. Pyxis Implement bridges the gap between schedule and performance goals, offering productivity increases as much as 50X over traditional manual layout methods.
Using SDL, design engineers can "pick and place" devices either automatically or graphically. The dynamic connectivity display with cross probing makes navigation between the layout and schematic fast and easy. The placed devices can then be quickly connected using the built in interactive router, or the optional constraint driven Pyxis Custom Router. Netlist driven layout is also supported in the SDL environment.
Pyxis Implement interacts seamlessly with other solutions in the Pyxis Custom IC Design Platform to create, develop, simulate, verify, optimize and implement even the most challenging full custom analog and mixed-signal IC designs quickly and accurately—the first time.
Pyxis Custom Router, an add-on option for Pyxis Implement, introduces an integrated tool box of advanced custom routing functionality. The tool box includes a global router for congestion mitigation, a... View Video
As a designer, you enjoy a consistent look and feel in single environment, whether creating schematics, block diagrams, symbols, or HDL representations. Additionally, Mentor’s foundry partners provide certified design kits for use with Pyxis Custom IC Design Platform solutions.
Constraint Driven Custom Routing
Pyxis Custom Router, an add-on option for Pyxis Implement, introduces an integrated tool box of advanced custom routing functionality. The tool box includes a global router for congestion mitigation, a detailed signal router with a rich net-by-net and layer-by-layer constraint mechanism, and an optional assisted power and pre-wire router that supports the interweaving of multiple power domains by using mesh, ring, or truck structures or a combination of the different structures. For more information, please view the Pyxis Custom Router datasheet.
- Improves layout design throughput up to 50X compared to manual layout methods.
- Multiple tools support increasing levels of layout automation.
- Reduces design rule checking (DRC) debugging cycles, leading to shortened time-to-market.
- Verifies DRC and layout vs. schematic (LVS) correctness throughout the layout process, without adding complicated steps.
- Creates DRC/LVS–correct complex layout with a simple command to improve reliability of final product.
- Enables changes to layout based on updates to the schematic at any point in the design cycle.
- Pyxis TFT-LCD – Adds functionality required for flat panel design to Pyxis Implement
- Pyxis Analog Devices – Analog device generator for Pyxis Implement
- Pyxis Digital Devices – MOS device generator for Pyxis Implement
- Pyxis Plot – Enables plotting to HP Plotter from Pyxis Implement
- Pyxis Custom Router – Adds constraint driven custom routing functionality to Pyxis Implement
- Pyxis Pre Wire (New) – Adds power domain support functionality to Pyxis Custom Router
- Pyxis Assemble – Adds advanced floorplanning functionality to Pyxis Implement
Custom IC Design Training
We have training courses available for Custom ID Design products in our training centers around the world, online, or at your site.
Contact Mentor Graphics
- Pyxis Implement Info Request or call toll free: 1-800-547-3000
“What would have normally taken a week to route was finished in a few minutes and saved one-third of the space in the layout. With the new custom router, they realized that, for the first time ever, they had the potential to be able to iterate more, ensuring their ability to deliver a better design while saving time.”