Calibre RVE - A Tale of Two GUIs
On-demand Web Seminar
You already know just how much Calibre RVE helps you debug your physical verification problems. Now, learn how the new RVE GUI can make you even more productive. Released as the new standard with Calibre 2009.2, the new RVE GUI continues to provide all of the debugging features you have come to rely on while significantly enhancing your debugging productivity through many new features.
During this webinar, we will follow two engineers as they apply Calibre RVE to a variety of DRC, LVS, and PEX design verification tasks. One engineer will use the classic RVE GUI while the other will use the new GUI. This tool demonstration will show you how easy it is to migrate to the new RVE GUI while also taking advantage of several new RVE features such as automatic schematic display.
What You Will Learn
Learn how to use many of the new RVE GUI features, including:
- Single-window tabbed result display
- Automatic generation of source and extracted layout schematics
- Cross-probing between generated schematics, netlists, and layout
- New DRC result display features
- Enhanced LVS query support
- New customized short isolation interface
- Tool-generated fix suggestions for LVS
- Consolidated PEX results display
About the Presenter
John is a course developer and instructor in the Mentor Graphics Education Services organization. John has been with Mentor for nine years and has been involved with the development and delivery of Calibre and IC flow training.
Prior to Mentor, John was with Bell Laboratories for 30 years where he held a number of different CAD-related positions. Also prior to Mentor, John was an adjunct professor of computer science at North Central College in suburban Chicago. John has a BSEE degree from the Illinois Institute of Technology and an MSCS degree from Northwestern University.
Who Should View
- IC physical verification engineers
- IC layout designers who perform physical verification
- CAD engineers who support Calibre