ASO Reduces Transient Noise in Complex CMOS Circuits Using Eldo PremierEldo Premier transient noise analysis feature achieves both accuracy and performance when simulating large scale analog/ mixed signal circuits for flicker noise effects.
- Inadequate circuit simulation capacity
- Tradeoff between long simulation time and accuracy is critical issue
- Debug the effects of flicker noise in transient domains
- Impact of flicker noise on discretetime circuits could not be accurately simulated due to long simulation time required
The Solution: Fortunately, Eldo® Premier from Mentor Graphics® has a superb transient noise analysis feature (the .NOISETRAN command) that achieves both accuracy and performance when simulating large scale analog/mixed signal circuits for such effects. Eldo Premier simulation results demonstrate a high correlation with real silicon evaluation results.
The Results: Eldo Premier transient noise analysis feature achieves both accuracy and performance when simulating large scale analog/ mixed signal circuits for flicker noise effects:
- Eldo Premier simulation results demonstrated a high correlation with real silicon evaluation results
- Reduced flicker noise by 85 percent in the taped out design
- Eldo Premier multi-thread technology increased performance and scalability without sacrificing accuracy
- ASO anticipates even better performance when simulating future circuits with more elements
Atmel Refines Complex Analog Touch-Screen SoC Using the Eldo Control Language
The Eldo Control Language made it possible for Atmel to reduce cost while maintaining performance by supporting an iterative, automated decision-making process that exercised hard to reach parameters. This...
Using the Eldo Control Language PLL Lock Time Analysis
This paper illustrates the use of the Eldo® Control Language (ECL) for the efficient simulation of phase locked loop (PLL) locking times. The theory of PLL is not reviewed, thus the reader is assumed...