ASO Reduces Transient Noise in Complex CMOS Circuits Using Eldo PremierEldo Premier transient noise analysis feature achieves both accuracy and performance when simulating large scale analog/ mixed signal circuits for flicker noise effects.
New generation multi-thread simulators, like Eldo Premier, can increase performance and scalability without sacrificing accuracy, especially with circuits having a very large number of nodes.
product overview: Mentor’s new Faster-SPICE product, addresses the primary concerns of analog and mixed-signal designers, providing increased performance and capacity, especially for very large circuits, without sacrificing accuracy.
- Inadequate circuit simulation capacity
- Tradeoff between long simulation time and accuracy is critical issue
- Debug the effects of flicker noise in transient domains
- Impact of flicker noise on discretetime circuits could not be accurately simulated due to long simulation time required
The Solution: Fortunately, Eldo® Premier from Mentor Graphics® has a superb transient noise analysis feature (the .NOISETRAN command) that achieves both accuracy and performance when simulating large scale analog/mixed signal circuits for such effects. Eldo Premier simulation results demonstrate a high correlation with real silicon evaluation results.
The Results: Eldo Premier transient noise analysis feature achieves both accuracy and performance when simulating large scale analog/ mixed signal circuits for flicker noise effects:
- Eldo Premier simulation results demonstrated a high correlation with real silicon evaluation results
- Reduced flicker noise by 85 percent in the taped out design
- Eldo Premier multi-thread technology increased performance and scalability without sacrificing accuracy
- ASO anticipates even better performance when simulating future circuits with more elements
- xFAB/Pyxis Custom IC Solution
- Aeroflex Broadens Its Mixed-Signal Tool Kit with Questa ADMS and OVM
- Arasan/Pyxis Schematic
- Atmel Corporation
- Japanese Advanced Automotive Technology
- Pyxis Custom Router
- On Semiconductor
- Questa ADMS
- STMicroelectronics & Questa ADMS
- STMicroelectronics/Eldo Premier
- Tower Semiconductor