Japanese Advanced Automotive Technology
Eldo Premier Boosts Productivity, Preserves AccuracyA world-leading, Japanese supplier of advanced automotive technology, systems, and components needed an analog mixed signal simulator that provided full, transistor-level SPICE accuracy at faster simulation speeds than what they were using at the time. Because Eldo® Classic was their golden reference SPICE simulator, they wanted to evaluate Eldo Premier to verify the speedup factor it could obtain for their big simulations.
Need for an analog mixed signal simulator that provided full, transistor-level SPICE accuracy at faster simulation speeds than what they were using at the time.
The Solution: The primary benefits of Eldo Premier are ease-of-use, accuracy, and performance. With the same accuracy as Eldo Classic, the increase in performance allowed them to get simulation results in a much shorter time, boosting design productivity while ensuring design reliability.
The Results: Signal conversion circuits are one of their most widely used components, so they conducted benchmark evaluations on AD converter circuits with parasitic RC backannotations. By utilizing Eldo Premier’s powerful multithreading simulation capability, they gained a significant performance increase of 12X compared to their original reference, without a loss in accuracy.
- Reduce turnaround time to meet tape out schedule and integrate multiple language blocks
- Consolidate tools from an acquired company’s tool flow and integrate its IP into their design
- Verify an AMS design with 14,000 MOSFET transistors and 56,000 nodes
- Achieved a 95 percent reduction in simulation time because they were able to run both behavioral and transistor blocks
- Improved productivity for mixed-language, mixed-signal design
- ADiT support for all major digital simulators and IP written in any standard design language
- Mentor Graphics customer support critical to successful behavioral modeling effort