Circuit Verification involves several essential steps in the design process that will help identify potential circuit or design errors as well as extract the necessary data for downstream circuit simulation. During this step, layout is analyzed and compared vs. the schematic to ensure design integrity. Second, the design is analyzed for short-term and long-term electrical failures and, if found, those are presented to the designer for fixing. And finally, a detailed silicon model is constructed with intentional device, advanced parameters, and parasitic information into a format that consumed by a downstream simulator so that designers can reliably determine if their design is meeting electrical specifications (timing, power, etc.)
Calibre xRC™ offers a robust parasitic extraction tool that delivers accurate parasitic data for comprehensive and accurate post-layout analysis and simulation. Calibre xRC
Calibre nmLVS™, the industry-leading physical verification tool for layout vs. schematic comparison combines accurate circuit verification with fast runtimes and interactive debugging. Calibre nmLVS
Calibre® xACT 3D delivers high performance parasitic RC extraction featuring the reference-level accuracy of a deterministic field solver combined with the production turnaround performance of traditional... Calibre xACT 3D
Features and Benefits
- Accurate modeling of electrical circuit behavior for "as-built" layouts
- Increased IC reliability through checks for ESD protection
- Automated checking of complex electrical rules
- More robust checking of electrical circuits at advanced nodes
- Accurate modeling of devices and interactions between devices
- Customer-defined device parameters
- Detailed modeling of interconnect interactions
- The underlying hierarchical processing engine ensures robust testing and implementation across all applications, while providing best-in-class runtimes.
- The only 5-Star support in EDA
- Common design platform integration enables rapid deployment of all Calibre® nm Platform applications into the user’s design environment.
- Integrated scripting environment across all applications (SVRF and TVF) allow users to customize their design and verification environment to suit the specific and evolving needs of their design teams.
- Hyperscaling technology brings superior scalability and lightening fast run times for computationally intense applications, while reducing capital expenditures by extending the useful life of existing shared memory processor systems, and fully utilizing inexpensive distributed rack systems.
“Calibre offers a unique combination of performance, accuracy, and capability allowing us to implement an optimal recipe for our 0.095 micron process. Calibre is already in use with our 0.180 and 0.150 micron technologies, and NEC is aggressively moving forward with advanced semiconductor processes. Calibre is a key enabler in accelerating this schedule.”
Dr. Kazuhiko Takamizawa Senior Manager of System LSI Design Engineering Division
Circuit Verification Resources
Improving Circuit Reliability with Calibre PERC
This session will focus on how you can leverage the award winning technology in Calibre PERC (Electronic Products Magazine, 2009 product of the year) to improve your circuit reliability and perform verification...
Chip IR Drop Reduction Through Automated Via Checking and Addition
Complex physical designs (layouts) in 65 nm and below process nodes often use ten (10) or more layers of metallization. So, the length of supply (power/ground) nets as well as that of clock and...
Layout Pattern Dependence-Aware Highly Accurate Simulation Flow with Calibre nmLVS
In today’s nanometer processes, the “layout pattern dependence” that causes variations in the electrical characteristics due to the shape around MOSFETs is becoming more significant. In response to this,...
Improving Design Reliability by Avoiding Electrical Overstress
Electrical overstress (EOS) is one of the leading causes of IC failures across all semiconductor manufacturers, and is responsible for the vast majority of device failures and product returns. The use of...
Reduce Verification Complexity in Low/Multi-Power Designs
Accurate and efficient low-power and multiple-power domain verification requires both knowledge of the overall system’s power intent and careful tracking of signals crossing these power domains. Calibre...
Improve Reliability with Accurate Voltage-Aware DRC
Voltage-aware DRC is an essential component in the reliability assessment of a design. Calibre PERC is the only comprehensive solution capable of verifying both the geometrical and electrical constraints...
“Calibre's extensive rule file coverage, design-style independence and on-time customer support made it the best choice for the complex designs our customers are creating. Selecting Calibre ensures customers a confident design transfer and a smooth manufacturing process.”
Stephen Kuo Design Service Department Manager, Technology Development Unit