With increasing operating frequencies, interconnect lines begin to exhibit inductive effects, which can have significant influence on chip behavior and performance. Parasitic on-chip inductance extraction is crucial for accurate physical verification (simulation) and timely tape-out of high-frequency RF, mixed signal and custom digital nanometer designs.
Calibre® xL offers designers full-chip, fast, and accurate extraction of frequency dependent loop inductance and loop resistance and automatically accounts for return path change with frequency. Results of Calibre xL extraction highly correlate with field solvers and have silicon-tested accuracy.
Features and Benefits
- Full-chip, high-performance, parasitic self-inductance extraction
- Accurate extraction of frequency dependent loop inductance and resistance
- Efficient, realizable model order (RLC) reduction
- Return-path selection and net-based extraction frequency selection
- Fully integrated with Calibre LVS and xRC™
- Enables accurate analysis of high frequency effects in nanometer technology
- Provides manageable netlists and mixed-level outputs for ease of re-simulation without loss of accuracy
- Provides highly correlated field solver and silicon-tested accuracy for on analog, RF and custom digital nanometer designs
We have training courses available for Calibre products in our training centers around the world, online, or at your site.