The coolMemory compiler-based family of advanced embedded memories includes low-power, high-speed, and high-density configurable coolROM targeting the most demanding applications.
The coolROM embedded memory IP is the industry’s highest density single-layer metal programmable ROM, with a macro size comparable to diffusion-ROM technology. This is achieved with a proprietary bitcell design that requires fewer transistor contacts per cell than conventional designs. A significantly smaller macro size and reduced capacitance results in significant dynamic power dissipation savings.
coolROM is designed specifically with low-leakage applications in mind. The entire ROM core array is automatically maintained with no voltage bias when not in use, resulting in zero ROM core leakage. Peripheral circuits utilize positive channel length bias to further reduce leakage.
Like all embedded coolMemory IP, coolROM can be customized via the MemQuest™ memory compiler, a Web-based on-line tool suite that enables the SoC designer to specify and implement custom memories in a matter of minutes.
Features and Benefites
- Customer architected through the MemQuest memory compiler and characterization tool
- Based on patent pending proprietary high-density, low power cell and system circuitry
- Reliable, silicon-proven architecture
- Single-layer metal 1 programmable
- Uses only up to metal 4
- Selectable power, speed, and area
- Selectable word width, depth and aspect ratio
- Comprehensive leakage power management
- Long channel length throughout
- Global sleep mode
- Instance size up to 1Mb
- Lowest active power in the industry by more than 5x
- Offered in leading-edge process nodes at major foundries
- Ideal for applications requiring ultra-low power at high densities and high-speed applications that can benefit from advanced power management features
- Silicon and production-validation provides manufacturability assurance