coolSRAM-8T™ embedded memory IP is an ideal solution for ASIC, ASSP and System-on-Chip (SoC) applications with stringent power, speed or area requirements.
Embedded coolSRAM-8T is designed to deliver the best performance and power characteristics at any given instance size. The coolSRAM-8T IP is based on the production proven, foundry-provided 8T SRAM cell and offers global leakage control features, near zero setup times and optional column and row redundancy.
Use of patented circuit technologies minimizes leakage current and active power in both the memory core and the peripheral circuit. This is complemented by optional power management modes that can be applied to the entire memory core or restricted to specific memory blocks.
Like all embedded coolMemory IP, coolSRAM-8T can be customized via the MemQuest™ memory compiler, a Web-based on-line tool suite that enables the SoC designer to specify and implement custom memories in a matter of minutes.
Features and Benefites
- Customer architected through the MemQuest memory compiler and characterization tool
- Based on foundry-provided 8T SRAM cell
- Reliable, silicon-proven architecture
- Dual port architecture
- Reliable operation and performance well beyond normal Process / Voltage / Temperature variations
- Supports large instances
- Selectable power, speed, and area
- Selectable word width, depth and aspect ratio
- Optimized for high performance and low power designs
- Offered in leading-edge process nodes at major foundries
- Ideal for portable applications requiring ultra low power at high densities and high speed applications that can benefit from advanced power management features
- Up to 2x lower active power
- Up to 10x lower leakage current with LPM (leakage-power-management)
- Speed typically 20% faster than competitive solutions
- Density typically 15% higher than competitive solutions
- Suitable for low voltage operation
- Lower overall packaging and system cost
- Lower end-product cost due to higher achievable densities
- Silicon and production-validation provides manufacturability assurance