Serial ATA 1.5/3.0 Gbps PHY
Silicon proven and Plugfest tested, Mentor Graphics SATA PHY products are designed for the growing Serial ATA market space including support for the higher 3.0Gbps speeds. Due to its small footprint and low power features Mentor’s SATA PHY solution is a perfect fit for system-on-a-chip (SoC) designs targeting set top boxes, PCs, Disk drives, and network storage systems.
The Mentor Graphics® MSATA_PHY core provides PHY layer functionality for a Serial ATA (SATA) interface operating at 3Gbps or 1.5Gbps. The MSATA_PHY core contains all the analog/mixed-signal components required to implement the industry standard SATA protocol within the physical layer; and when combined with Mentor Graphics SATA Host or Device controller, the core provides a complete SATA hardware solution.
Features and Benefits
- TSMC 130nm LVOD and SMIC 130nm G
- Supports: 1.5Gbps and 3.0Gbps modes of operation
- Fully compliant with the Serial ATA standard
- Supports Hot Swapping Configurable 40-, 20-, or 10-bit parallel controller interface support
- Small per lane size (< .3mm2)
- Low power consumption, 80mW including termination power