Building Reliability into Design Web Seminar
On-demand Web Seminar
In this web seminar we will discuss how using Concurrent CFD fluid flow analysis throughout the design process can enable a designer to have a direct influence on the usability and reliability of a finished product. Designing within the MCAD environment using Concurrent CFD shortens the design lifecycle, enhancing workflow leading to optimal more robust designs.
During this presentation, the presenter will demonstrate to you how easy it is with Concurrent CFD to simulate the design of a convection oven and then evaluate the results. The presenter will then go on to show you how to perform "what-if" analysis, such as the addition of extra shelves, by simply modifying the designers MCAD geometry of the model and viewing the simulation results for the new model.
What You Will Learn
- Perform Fluid Flow analysis using Concurrent CFD and familiar 3D CAD interface
- Visualize flow distributions in a virtual 3D environment
- Understand the impact of design changes and how it can effect reliability
- Efficient ways to share results with design teams and customers
About the Presenter
John Wilson joined Mentor Graphics Corporation, Mechanical Analysis Division (formerly Flomerics Ltd) after receiving his BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Colorado at Denver. Since joining in 1999, John has worked on or managed more than 70 thermal and airflow design projects.
His modeling and design knowledge range from component level to Data Centers, heat sink optimization and compact model development. John has extensive experience in IC package level test and analysis correlation through his work at Mentor Graphics' Fremont based Thermal Test Facility.
He is currently the Application Engineering Manager, in the Western Region, for the Mechanical Analysis Division.
Who Should Attend
- Design Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Product Design Managers
- CFD Engineers
- CFD Users
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Cooling of Electrical Machines
You will see how FloEFD can handle the flow and thermal calculations of complex geometries like a large electrical motor.
Benchmarking takes off for NASA CRM & Tupolev Tu-2014
External aerodynamics is a theoretical basis for aerospace technology, and aerodynamic calculations of modern aircraft and other vehicles. This branch of hydro-gas dynamics is becoming increasingly important...
Zero to 90 in 166,440 hours
This winter will see the launch of the Bromley Baseboard at a few select skiresorts. Under development for the last four years, it's fascinating just how methodical, considered and patient the development...