Hand-Tied to Profitability - Conducting CFD During Product Development in a Tough Economy
On-demand Web Seminar
Coming out of the recession, the world of engineering has changed. Today, engineers must find new ways to make products as profitable as possible. That translates into innovation to boost top line and low costs to drop the bottom line; all while operating with the fewest resources in decades. As a result, engineering can't afford to approach form, fit and function as they have in the past, and that can't be done by simply using the same tools every other engineering organization is using. Computational Fluid Dynamics is now at a crossroads where it is becoming more readily adopted yet is not a disruptive risk due to its great strides in speed, accuracy and usability. Join us for this webinar as Chad Jackson, Industry Analyst and managing editor of the ENGINEERING.com Design Software micro-site blog talks about this new opportunity to change the equation for engineering.
What You Will Learn
- The Top 5 Challenges Shaping Modern Engineering
- The Top Initiatives and Strategies for Engineering Managers
- How Simulation Driven Design Fits in the Context of CFD
- The Advantages and Benefits of CFD Driven Design
About the Presenter
Chad Jackson is the President and Principal Analyst of Lifecycle Insights, a research and advisory firm that assesses the business impact of software applications and systems on engineering organizations. Chad has more than 15 years of experience with CAD, CAE, PDM, PLM and related technologies as part of the analyst community and software industry. Due to his industry knowledge and thought leadership, Chad is a sought-after expert, author and speaker that has advised, published and presented dozens of times domestically and internationally.
Who Should Attend
- Engineering Executives and Managers
- Engineers and Designers
- Financial Executives
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.