The Chilling Facts in Data Center Design
On-demand Web Seminar
Join us for this presentation where you will get a behind the scenes peek at how we manage our numerous, globally-based data centers.
As well as showing you the software we use to track the real time performances of our data centers, we will also show you how we design and modify our datacenter layouts. Using real models, we'll demonstrate what was used to assess the performance of a facility in India. In addition, we will demonstrate how we modified our designs to optimize the operation.
As you will see, when it comes to the chilling facts of data center design and optimization, there are a lot of considerations to be made in order to keep costs down.
Our guest presenter is Stuart Walker, Mentor Graphics Worldwide Facilities Critical Infrastructure Manager.
What You Will Learn
- How CFD software can be utilized for data center design and optimization
- Real-life examples of design considerations in data center design
- How CFD software can be used to assess and optimize ventilation performance in a real data center, working under extreme conditions
About the Presenter
Paul achieved his Mechanical Engineering Degree from The City University in 1987. Paul has spent the last 15 years working for Mentor Graphics Corporation, Mechanical Analysis Division (formerly Flomerics Ltd) specializing in the application of CFD to the design of the built environment and electronic equipment. Prior to this he worked for the Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA) in a role that covered both physically and numerical modeling.
Currently, Paul is a Senior Application Engineer in the engineering team of Mentor’s Mechanical Analysis Division, training and supporting the user base to enhance the accessibility of thermal analysis to the engineering designer. Over these many years he has gained significant experience, not only in the use of software, but also of the general design processes and the best way to apply CFD techniques to real world problems encountered by engineers’ everyday.
Who Should Attend
- HVAC Designers
- Data Center Designers
- Thermal Design Engineers
- Engineers involved in data center design and management
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
11 Top Tips for Energy-Efficient Data Center Design and Operation… A High-Level ‘How To’ Guide
When is Data Center Thermal Design Important? The usage of data centers globally has skyrocketed in the past three to four years in response to growing demand for information storage and transfer from banks,...
Mestex Relies on FloVENT to Guide Innovative Warehouse HVAC Design.
FloVENT helped designers plan cost-saving HVAC solutions for a warehouse storing sensitive pharmaceutical products.
Using CFD for ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1
Learn how CFD software can be used for the latest standard for the design of high-performance green buildings, ANSI/ASHRAE/USGBS/IES 189.1.