Demystifying LED Design for Everyday Applications with Concurrent CFD Web Seminar
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event. However a recording of a previous session is available as an on-demand web seminar.View This On-Demand Web Seminar Now
This web seminar will show you how easy it is to set-up and analyze several LED projects using Mentor Graphics award winning Concurrent CFD tool FloEFD™.
During this webinar the presenters will discuss how easy you can solve LED's thermal problems, helping you eliminate critical component temperatures, increase product reliability and ultimately product longevity. You will learn from demonstrations how to optimize your heat sink efficiency, reduce weight and material costs by choosing the right material from a thermal and cost point of view while assuring the color quality of the LED.
What You Will Learn
- How concurrent CFD can help you make thermal design decisions
- How to choose the best materials for both manufacture and cost
- How to quickly build several design study cases and to find the optimum design
- To quickly obtain analysis results both graphically and numerically
- How to share the results with Microsoft Excel and Word
About the Presenters
Boris is an Application Engineer in Frankfurt (Germany) of the Mechanical Analysis Division. He studied aerospace engineering at the University of Stuttgart with the major in aircraft design and aerodynamics with specialized knowledge in the CAD suite Catia V5. He graduated in 2007 and that’s when he also started at NIKA/Flomerics now Mentor Graphics. He is responsible for FloEFD support, training, consultings and software demonstrations.
Education and Employment
Noam is an Applications Engineer based in Israel and working for the Mechanical Analysis Division of Mentor Graphics. He graduated from Technion – Israel Institute of Technology in 2006 – B.Sc. Aerospace Engineering. For the past 3 years he worked for IAI – Israel Aerospace Industries 2006-2009 in the Aerodynamics and Structural loads department – working on static and dynamic loads analysis using FEM software. He also worked in the Structural design and Analysis department using structural FEM analysis – NASTRAN, PATRAN.
Dr. John Parry, CEng.
John Parry joined Mentor Graphics’ Mechanical Analysis Division (formerly Flomerics) in 1989 as the head of the Customer Services department. After four years, John moved to the Research department and he has been managing the division’s research activities since 1997.
Having published many technical papers over the years, John’s technical contributions include the development of compact thermal models for fans, heat sinks and chip packages. He is also a subject-matter expert in the application of Design of Experiment and optimisation techniques.
John serves on several conference committees. He was the General Chair of SEMI-THERM 21 and currently represents the Mechanical Analysis Division in the JEDEC committee on thermal standards.
Who Should Attend
- Design Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- MCAD Designers
- CFD Users
- CFD Consultants
- Product or Project Managers
- Those responsible for LED design and thermal design
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
- Enhancing Productivity in Electronics Cooling by incorporating EDA and MCAD Design workflowhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/introduction-to-flotherm-xt Jun 6, 2013 : Fremont, CA
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Jun 11, 2013 : Stuttgart, DE
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Sep 18, 2013 : Frankfurt, DE
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Nov 13, 2013 : Frankfurt, DE
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Electronics Cooling Session)
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Mechanical & Electronics Cooling Sessions)
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Mechanical Session)
- A Step Change in Automotive System Simulation – 1D/3D Integrationhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/a-step-change-in-automotive-system-simulation---1d-3d-integration Jul 3, 2013 : Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, UK
- A Step Change in Mil/Aero System Simulation – 1D/3D Integrationhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/a-step-change-in-mil-aero-system-simulation---1d-3d-integration Jul 11, 2013 : Mentor Graphics, Newbury, UK