Electronics Cooling Simulation with FloTHERM XT: Step Change by Incorporating the EDA and MCAD Design Flows
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event. However a recording of a previous session is available as an on-demand web seminar.View This On-Demand Web Seminar Now
FloTHERM XT - the brand new electronics cooling product from Mentor Graphics. Join us for this web seminar where we will introduce you to the newest member of the Mechanical Analysis family!
We will show you how FloTHERM XT draws together the EDA and MCAD design flows, resulting in a cleaner, symbiotic design process and allowing the latest data to be shared easily and efficiently between relevant team members. Additionally, we will illustrate how the software can be used in practice to evolve designs from a concept stage all the way through to final design verification.
The session will describe how both thermal experts and design engineers can take advantage of FloTHERM XT as they develop the best cooling strategy, while keeping pace with other design constraints and changes as the overall system design evolves.
What You Will Learn
- Discover a major new product from Mentor Graphics Mechanical Analysis Division
- Learn how FloTHERM XT complements our other electronics cooling product lines
- Learn a new way of working that will speed up and optimize your thermal design process
- See the new capabilities of this product, including full support for angled geometry and complex shapes
About the Presenter
Ian Clark is by qualification a Meteorologist and has been heavily involved in CFD and electronics cooling since the mid 1980's. Firstly at CHAM and CHAM NA as a consultant, support engineer and US customer services manager, a slight detour assisting in the development of a CFD team at Mott MacDonald and back into electronics cooling after joining Flomerics in 1991. Ian has progressed from consultancy work, training, managing customer services in the USA and the UK - and even sales for two years in Silicon Valley - to his current role as a Product Marketing Manager in the Mechanical Analysis Division. For the last 15 years, he has been actively engaged with the onward development of our electronics cooling product lines and current responsibilities are primarily focussed on looking after our future generation product developments, encompassing the best of FloTHERM and FloEFD.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers involved with thermal management of electronics-based applications
- CAD, CAE and other Technical Managers with product thermal responsibility
- Thermal Engineers
- Mechanical Design Engineers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
- Enhancing Productivity in Electronics Cooling by incorporating EDA and MCAD Design workflowhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/introduction-to-flotherm-xt Jun 6, 2013 : Fremont, CA
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Jun 11, 2013 : Stuttgart, DE
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Sep 18, 2013 : Frankfurt, DE
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Nov 13, 2013 : Frankfurt, DE
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Electronics Cooling Session)
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Mechanical & Electronics Cooling Sessions)
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Mechanical Session)
- A Step Change in Automotive System Simulation – 1D/3D Integrationhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/a-step-change-in-automotive-system-simulation---1d-3d-integration Jul 3, 2013 : Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, UK
- A Step Change in Mil/Aero System Simulation – 1D/3D Integrationhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/a-step-change-in-mil-aero-system-simulation---1d-3d-integration Jul 11, 2013 : Mentor Graphics, Newbury, UK