FloTHERM V10.0 - What's New
On-demand Web Seminar
Mentor Graphics is pleased to introduce the latest version of FloTHERM, V10.0. A major release that satisfies over 40 software enhancement requests posted on the Mentor IDEAS site. The Project Manager and Drawing Board application windows have been combined into a single Windows compliant interface, stage one of a full GUI update program. The CFD solver has been re-implemented resulting in substantial speed-ups ranging from an average of 2 to 3 times to over 10 times faster than previous versions. FloTHERM temperatures can now be exported in a form that is ready for interpolation onto FEA meshes to act as boundary conditions for a thermo-mechanical simulation in other FEA tools. These and many other exciting changes to FloTHERM will be introduced by the FloTHERM Product Manager.
What You Will Learn
- See some of the new capabilities that have been incorporated into this release
- Learn how this version can benefit your work flow
- Take this chance to hear from the Product Manager and put your questions to him in a live Q&A session
About the Presenter
Robin Bornoff achieved a Mechanical Engineering Degree from Brunel University in 1992 followed by a PhD in 1995 for CFD research. He then joined Mentor Graphics Corporation, Mechanical Analysis Division as an application and support engineer, specializing in the application of CFD to electronics cooling and the design of the built environment. He is now the Product Marketing Manager responsible for the FloTHERM and FloVENT softwares.
Who Should Attend
- FloTHERM Users
- Engineers involved with thermal management of electronics-based applications
- CAD, CAE and other Technical Managers with product thermal responsibility
- Thermal Engineers
- Mechanical Design Engineers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.