Flowmaster Customer Workshop
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event.
Flowmaster has been serving customers with system Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software since 1992. Since its inception as a tool for the simulation of steady state and transient hydraulic problems in the water industry, it’s developed in to a tool as applicable to aircraft fuel systems as to large scale natural gas distribution networks.
January 2012 saw Flowmaster begin on a new and important stage of its development when it was acquired by the Mechanical Analysis Division (MAD) of Mentor Graphics. Being part of a company like Mentor Graphics opens up new developmental avenues and possibilities for Flowmaster, as well as opening up exciting prospects like the direct coupling of Flowmaster with 3-dimensional code.
What You Will Learn
We are extremely excited by the future of Flowmaster within Mentor Graphics and we’d like to tell you more about the changes that have already occurred as well as sharing with you what the plans are for the code in the future. It’s also your chance to ask any questions you may have of us; as a Flowmaster customer it’s only natural that you may wish to know what the acquisition means for you.
We’d also like to give you the opportunity to try one of Flowmaster’s sister products – FloEFD – in a hands on session. FloEFD takes a unique and robust approach to 3-dimensional CFD that allows users to accurately simulate the geometries and conditions they need to without incurring the overheads usually associated with such modelling. FloEFD is just one example of the successful MAD product family that Flowmaster is now part of.
Who Should Attend
- All Flowmaster Users
About the Presenters
Matt joined Mentor Graphics in November 2008 as an Application Engineer, based in Hampton Court, London.
Prior to that Matt spent 10 years at QinetiQ, Farnborough working in applied aerodynamics where he was involved in research on a variety of civil and military projects. In addition to extensive experience of CFD, he also has experience of design optimisation methods and experimental wind-tunnel testing.
Matt graduated in 1998 from City University with an MEng in Aeronautical Engineering and in 2007 obtained Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society status.
Prior to joining Flowmaster in 2008, John Murray had spent 7 years working in the field of experimental and computational aerodynamics. John joined Flowmaster as an Application Engineer and was manager of the technical support team upon acquisition by Mentor Graphics in 2012. Since then, John has been focussing on how Mentor's Mechanical Analysis Division can best serve users in the Process and Energy sectors.
|10:00||Welcome and Introduction|
|10:15||Keynote address: Flowmaster as Part of the Mentor Graphics family|
|10:35||Important Enhancements in Flowmaster v7.9 Release|
|11:00||An Insight into Current Development Activities|
|11:30||Round Table Discussion|
|14:00||Interactive FloEFD Workshop (Part 1)|
|15:30||Interactive FloEFD Workshop (Part 2)|
|16:30||Questions and Answers|
|16:45||Summary & Close|
- Enhancing Productivity in Electronics Cooling by incorporating EDA and MCAD Design workflowhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/introduction-to-flotherm-xt Jun 6, 2013 : Fremont, CA
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Jun 11, 2013 : Stuttgart, DE
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Sep 18, 2013 : Frankfurt, DE
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Nov 13, 2013 : Frankfurt, DE
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Electronics Cooling Session)
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Mechanical & Electronics Cooling Sessions)
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Mechanical Session)
- A Step Change in Automotive System Simulation – 1D/3D Integrationhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/a-step-change-in-automotive-system-simulation---1d-3d-integration Jul 3, 2013 : Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, UK
- A Step Change in Mil/Aero System Simulation – 1D/3D Integrationhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/a-step-change-in-mil-aero-system-simulation---1d-3d-integration Jul 11, 2013 : Mentor Graphics, Newbury, UK