Introduction to DynTIM
On-demand Web Seminar
This webinar will give an introduction to DynTIM, Mentor Graphics’ new solution for the quick and accurate characterization of thermal interface materials. After a brief introduction, the operation of DynTIM will be discussed in details and an overview of its most important characteristics will be given. This will be followed by measurement examples on different material types: soft materials such as thermal greases, viscoelastic materials such as gap pads and solid materials such as metallic sheets. The presentation will end with a possible methodology for the determination of the measurement parameters such, that the measurement error is kept low.
What You Will Learn
- The importance of the proper selection of thermal interface materials for electronics applications
- How to get the most accurate measurement of the thermal conductivity of a TIM
- The operational principle of DynTIM and how these lead to the highest measurement accuracy
- How DynTIM supports fast and reliable measurements compared to steady-state methods
- Some important practical considerations for the measurement of TIM materials
About the Presenter
Andras Vass-Varnai obtained his MSc degree in electrical engineering in 2007 at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics. He is a Product Manager in the MicReD Division at Mentor Graphics. Beside his work he is also a correspondent Ph.D. student at the Technical University of Budapest. His main topics of interest include thermal management of electric systems, advanced applications of thermal transient testing, characterization of TIM materials and high power semiconductor devices.
Who Should Attend
- TIM manufacturers and end-users
- System designers of electronic systems
- Thermal engineers
- Engineers interested in reliability issues
- Anyone involved in the selection of TIM materials
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.