Enhancing Productivity in Electronics Cooling by incorporating EDA and MCAD Design workflow
An Introduction to FloTHERM XT
FloTHERM XT is a new electronics cooling simulation solution that bridges the gap between electronics cooling and EDA and MCAD design workflows.
With specific capabilities for importing EDA data from early stages combined with a CAD centric approach for rapidly building or modifying models and a guided simulation set up - FloTHERM XT is equipped with technology to address the need for greater thermal design productivity with smoother workflow between functions while meeting challenges of increasing electronic and geometric complexity.
Register for this interactive demonstration to discover where FloTHERM XT can help you improve development speed and product thermal performance.
What You Will Learn
- Increasing design requirements and where FloTHERM XT addresses both analysis and workflow challenges
- Benefits of incorporating EDA data and MCAD workflows into electronics cooling analysis
- Live Demonstration: PCB board and enclosure thermal analysis in FloTHERM XT
- Importing EDA data from Mentor Graphics Xpedition and other EDA sources
- Rapid build in the CAD centric interface of a complex enclosure and board layout
- Importing CAD files for component geometry – e.g complex heatsink designs
- Using FloTHERM Smartparts in FloTHERM XT and importing PDML files
- Audience discussion on thermal analysis workflows
About the Presenter
Travis Mikjaniec received an MS in Aerospace Engineering from Carleton University in 2006, with a research focus on rotorcraft aerodynamics and aeroelasticity. He has been with Mentor Graphics Corporation, Mechanical Analysis Division (formerly Flomerics Ltd) for 6 years specializing in the application of CFD Analysis to the design of electronics equipment. Prior to this he worked for the National Research Council of Canada's (NRC) Institute for Aerospace Research (IAR) Flight Research Laboratory focusing on flight tests and also worked at the NRC's IAR Aeroacoustic and Structural Dynamics Laboratory in experimental testing of smart structures. Travis is currently a Thermal Engineer in the Mechanical Analysis Division engineering team, training and supporting customers doing Thermal Analysis for electronic systems. Travis has experience not only in the use of software, but also of the general design processes and the best way to apply the CFD techniques solve real world problems encountered by engineers.
Who Should Attend
- Mechanical Engineers/Thermal Design Engineers
- Engineering tools managers
- Packaging Engineers
- Thermal Specialists
- Users of FloTHERM and electronics cooling software
Electronics Cooling Simulation with FloTHERM XT: Step Change by Incorporating the EDA and MCAD Design Flows
45-minute web presentation introducing the new electronics cooling product from Mentor Graphics. See how FloTHERM XT can help you to make your whole design process a more streamlined and efficient process.